Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bad paint job plus what is that clear decal on back fender flares?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
melzskeez is on a distinguished road
melzskeez's Tacoma Gallery
bad paint job plus what is that clear decal on back fender flares?

Woke up three mornings ago to my dad rushing out of the house telling me he scratched the side of my truck on a pillar and he's taking it to the bodyshop to fix it while I still have no idea what is going on. The scratch was apparently on the right back fender flare. I get my car back and there's overspray all over the undercarriage of the car (I have a silver car), and thus my leaf springs, wheel well, exterior cover of my shocks, and even as far in as my spare tire has a "nice" silver coat to it. I'm taking it back on Monday to complain about it but I was just wondering if anyone knew how'd they go around fixing this. I'm a little scared that they're just gonna be throwing acetone all over the place. In addition does anyone know what that long clear sticker decal that seems to sit on the front of the back fender flares are for? The guy decided to paint over it and it looks really tacky. I'm going to tell him to peel it off and then paint that spot over again. I'm going to call toyota and see if I can order one, however I doubt I'm going to successful in putting it on without air bubbles. Thanks...I've been trying to find info on this on the internet but couldn't...any help would really be appreciated.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
wait, so your dad scratched your truck? Then what about a car?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
the plastic piece is paint protector!!! it keeps rocks n stones n other debris from chipping the paint!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear that man. the pieces you are speaking of....are rock chip guards,and they are normally clear.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like the guys that repainted it didnt know what they were doing.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like he took it to Maaco
Old 06-13-2010, 05:01 AM   #7
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Yep.

Spray any panel for a 12 pack of beer.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
Johnny M50 will become famous soon enough

Name: John
Johnny M50's Tacoma Gallery
Did that "professional" just use a rattle can?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
wait, so your dad scratched your truck? Then what about a car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
sounds like the guys that repainted it didnt know what they were doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Yep.

Spray any panel for a 12 pack of beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M50 View Post
Did that "professional" just use a rattle can?
Sorry 'bout the Truck

Sounds Like Dad Took the Truck Out Behind The Shed With A Couple of Six Packs and A Couple of Rattle Cans
Old 06-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...was this done by a professional body/paint shop?
I wouldn't let those clowns touch my truck again if that happened to me. Let them see the damage and tell them your going somewhere else to get it fixed right and you'll send them the bill. If you can't get the rock chip guard at the dealer go to a place that installs 3M paint protection film or buy some at the automotive store and do it yourself.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:03 AM   #11
melzskeez is on a distinguished road
melzskeez's Tacoma Gallery
a 12 pack of beer is still too much to call this a paint job...instead the guy charged my dad 450 and he forked it over (i wasn't present when he picked up the truck). thanks for the replies though...i was gonna just let the guy fix it but now thinking about it dude better just give my dad a refund cuz i am not letting him touch the car again. him covering up the silver overspray plus his workmanship skills is probably gonna lead to me having a tacoma that's 3/4 silver and 1/4 murdered out.