Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4.0 TRD Supercharger + URD pulley??????

Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
4.0 TRD Supercharger + URD pulley??????

I had a TRD supercharger installed on my 09 4.0 V6 when I purchased it, and they reflashed the CPU. I plan on adding a URD pulley once the warranty is up. Has anyone done this? To change the tune, do they just reflash the CPU or do I need to purchase an after market computer? What sort of HP / torque numbers did you get after the swap?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Sua Sponte! RLTW
75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st airborne
Name: charles
75thrangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
I had a TRD supercharger installed on my 09 4.0 V6 when I purchased it, and they reflashed the CPU. I plan on adding a URD pulley once the warranty is up. Has anyone done this? To change the tune, do they just reflash the CPU or do I need to purchase an after market computer? What sort of HP / torque numbers did you get after the swap?

Thanks!
re flash or you can do an apr x1 ecu.supposedly 304 hp net with the reflash but wel see when mine gets here and i stick it on the dyno.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need to change anything if you add the 2.85 pulley. I've got the apr one that looks a stock pulley on my truck.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thrangertaco View Post
re flash or you can do an apr x1 ecu.supposedly 304 hp net with the reflash but wel see when mine gets here and i stick it on the dyno.
I thought 304 was just with the TRD supercharger. The URD pulley is suppose to get you another 60+ horsepower from what I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
You don't need to change anything if you add the 2.85 pulley. I've got the apr one that looks a stock pulley on my truck.
What is the APR One? Can you guys give me a link?
Old 06-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a 2009 or later, there is no APR X-1 available. Which is a shame. It kicks ass.

The connectors at the ECU are different 2009 & up.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought 304 was just with the TRD supercharger. The URD pulley is suppose to get you another 60+ horsepower from what I have read.

What is the APR One? Can you guys give me a link?
You don't get 60hp from just a pulley change. You get about 20rwhp. Urd sells the apr 2.85 pulley.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
originalthoughts is on a distinguished road
originalthoughts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
CPU...ECU...C3P0...Whatever it takes!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
some have run the pulley without any additional tuning.

it really depends on your intake setup. I have seen some trucks run super lean on the top end with certain intakes ( K&N for one)

many have not had any troubles

I would def tune for it if possible. you cannot reflash again, you will need some sort of additional tuning hardware

this reminds me, I need to put my pulley on.

Justin
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
cdelgado14 is on a distinguished road
cdelgado14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Does the stock belt fit fine?no problems?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelgado14 View Post
Does the stock belt fit fine?no problems?
Yes. Plenty of room on the tensioner with such a small difference in diameter.....