1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

General disappointment with All Pro front plate bumper quality

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    PMs are made for this reason^^^

2. Jun 26, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    Personally I just blasted it down first thing and Rhino lined it. I havent had a problem with it since. Some blue car hit my truck and all i found was blue paint on the bumper, the lining wasnt even messed up the blue paint just came off when i power washed it.

Thats too bad about the powder coating thought, i love this bumper.

3. Jun 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM
    05sctaco

05sctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Santa Cruz
    Contact All-pro they'll fix it up. Powder coating is nice, but will start to go after some time. It's the equivalent to about putting on 7 layers of paint, but with spending all the time actually painting something 7 times. Powder coat works by electrically charging the metal, and covering the object in opposite charged powder paint, that is then baked on. I would Rhino or line x, or hurculine the sucker. Most that stuff you can just use a roller to apply, and if your spiffy, you can add some glitter to make it sparkle. ;)

4. Jun 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Sarah has offered to ship me a new bumper (with better approach angles, a few improvements and much better powder coat) and take my bumper back... I just pay shipping one way. She also offered a small credit towards shipping after all is said and done... UPS sent tracking info today, so hopefully in ~2 weeks this will all be worked out.

All Pro customer serivce really is amazing...

5. Jan 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I was looking through some of my old posts and realized that I never followed up on this post.

For the record, the refund I was offered (the difference between $200 and stripping the bumper I returned) was never given after several PM's and phone calls. The new bumper is holding up 'ok' but has pitted in several places. Also, due to the way it has so many smaller parts that screw together, coupled with the way it attaches to the skid plate, it rubs/squeeks pretty bad when flexing over bumps in the road. I've tightened up parts, removed/reinstalled it... same issues.

For what it's worth, I'd buy a bumper elsewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top