Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Arm rest fix

Old 06-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
glg20 is a jewel in the roughglg20 is a jewel in the roughglg20 is a jewel in the roughglg20 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
glg20's Tacoma Gallery
Arm rest fix

Devcon Plastic Welder II two part epoxy and wooden paint stirring stick.

The Devcon applicator and epoxy is pricey, but so is the door panel!

Holding strong for two weeks
Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work. I did a repair similar to that also. Holding tight for 1 month now!!!

Before

After
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
toyota should do a TSB for this crap. its pissing me off. i fiber glassed it and it broke again
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
jeasus how fat are you guys?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had mine break yet, but that's only a matter of time before my elbow goes through it. Thanks for the fix!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
how do you break that?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
rmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud ofrmd0311 has much to be proud of

rmd0311's Tacoma Gallery
Wait., I don't get it from the pics... What is it that is breaking?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
jeasus how fat are you guys?

Don't be rude. Oh, and if you are gonna be rude learn to spell, it's Jesus not Jeasus, it makes you look like a douche. As stated above.

Anyways it's called bony elbows. I'm 6'2 and weigh 165. So I don't have much fat on me. And I see ALOT of people on here with the same door panel problem, and I doubt that they are all fat, so it's simply a design problem.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd0311 View Post
Wait., I don't get it from the pics... What is it that is breaking?

It's the cloth part of the armrest on the door panel. Ya know, that part you rest your elbow on then it breaks.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #12
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I learned with my last plastic truck(f150) not to lean my elbow on things.
you get in, lean on the arm rest and hear a snap.. lovely
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Mine cracked now on my 07'. Now every time I put a little pressure on it with my elbow and get off it will make a loud plastic popping noise that is irritating. I'm out of warranty now but they should replace these for free. Not like we put our entire body weight on it or intentionally abuse it. Oh well.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #14
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
mine cracked the week before i traded in the taco.
it is a pretty common problem
damn these bony elbows
Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
anybody know if this part is available to order online anywhere? mine's cracked too..
Old 07-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I have noticed my arm rest flexes quite a bit and after seeing this thread I guess I should be more careful and I'm glad someone has trudged the road to a make shift solution. I will use the paint stick glue method in the OP's post when it's my time. And yes, Toyota should redesign the arm rest to be more durable.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
ha. lean on the center console like i do! and rest you hand on the gear shifter. and drive with you’r left hand.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe if I used the arm rest it would crack and then it would irritate me enough to overcome the procrastination keeping me from taking it off and recovering it with some of that nice black perforated vinyl stuff that matches the dash and top of door and I wouldn't have that annoying gray bullshit cloth. Maybe I should just lean on it and crack it on purpose so it'll speed things up..............
Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Maybe if I used the arm rest it would crack and then it would irritate me enough to overcome the procrastination keeping me from taking it off and recovering it with some of that nice black perforated vinyl stuff that matches the dash and top of door and I wouldn't have that annoying gray bullshit cloth. Maybe I should just lean on it and crack it on purpose so it'll speed things up..............
do it! hahaha. i may just just do it to all my doors. lol
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #20
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Well, cool!
Now that its been cracked a while at least its worn in enough that I no longer get that annoying cracking sound everytime my elbow puts pressure on it.
Now I need incentive to fix it anyway!