Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" lift two days ago and weird issue today

Old 06-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift two days ago and weird issue today

So I lifted the truck 2 days ago with OME 885 coils and bilstein 5100 and the small spacer. Had it aligned yesterday with my 17's and 285/70 tires. All has been good except a few mins ago on the way back through the mountains I was making a left hand turn around a curve and all a sudden my truck tripped out. Its like the abs went retarded or something and the dash was making a beeping noise. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to think and then it stopped. Now I am paranoid. I didn't trim my splash gaurds or take off the mudflaps so I do have a small amount of rub at tight turns. Anyone ever had anything similar happen? I dunno wtf it did but I know it scared me and now I'm paranoid
Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Man that sounds weird to me.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Sapper26 is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer...Essayons!!
Name: Will
Sapper26's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your traction control system activated.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds to me you might need to take it in and have the yaw sensor re-calibrated.
+1
Old 06-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
VSC engaged , you need to get the skid control ecu / yaw sensor re-calibrated as stated above .
Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
thanks...ill check into this...is this something everyone has done? What do I say when I take it somewhere? Is it a dealer only fix or..........
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Also, check to make sure all the wires to the sensors (at each wheel) are plugged in. Unplug them and plug them back in to make sure they're seated properly.

If they're not seated properly, the computer isn't getting the proper feedback.

Putting a lift on and turning - could possibly 'stretch' the wiring. You wanna make sure this isn't happening by either routing the wires differently, using tywraps to keep them in place, etc.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dave
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
That's what I love about this board! Someone comes on here with a seemingly strange, somewhat scary, issue and within a few minutes gets answers. What the hell did we ever do before the internet?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
That's what I love about this board! Someone comes on here with a seemingly strange, somewhat scary, issue and within a few minutes gets answers. What the hell did we ever do before the internet?
We blew shit up.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
mine did the same thing, have the VSC re-calibrated and hope it works. mine still goes off on some corners that i do not think it should be going off on.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #14
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
mine did the same thing, have the VSC re-calibrated and hope it works. mine still goes off on some corners that i do not think it should be going off on.
X2. it pisses me off. many times i will be in speeds well within the "safe" range for some turns, and it will go off on me. it's embarrassing when i'm taking a date somewhere and she thinks my brand new truck is breaking down or something.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
X2. it pisses me off. many times i will be in speeds well within the "safe" range for some turns, and it will go off on me. it's embarrassing when i'm taking a date somewhere and she thinks my brand new truck is breaking down or something.
X3 , unfortunately , the re-calibration only seems to minimize the amount of times it happens , but did improve mine , although it has occured again a few times recently .

I hope Toyota could see it's way to de-sensitizing the VSC a bit with a software reflash like the tranny TSB .