1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Rant

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Major91, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jun 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    Major91

Major91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffROAD Barcelona Red
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    I'm sure someone has commented on the TSB's that are out there. I myself was thinking about this over the weekend.

Now i'm sure there are these types of "reports" out there for each and every auto company out there BUT.....

This type of business is somewhat not really making sense to me. I am in the middle of having 3 TSB's done to my 09 Tacoma. I am expecting to get a call today that my parts are in and i intend on asking my service dept. about any other TSB's that i am missing because any TSB should be at least looked at during service or some sort of communication should be sent to the owners that there could be an issue. Now i know this would create a recall and all but i'm just ranting about the way business is done. This is just not right. I have a friend who is not PC savvy and well.......how would he know about these issues like we do in the Tacoma forum site? HE would'nt.........thus he could have issues hauling 4-5 hundred pounds of whatever and go off the road in view of not having the Harsh ride TSB done.........BS........someone should communicate this to the news or have these TSB's available to the public.

Okay i'm done ranting..... :anonymous:

2. Jun 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Smyrna, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD off-road.
    Bilstein 6112/5100. Icon progressive AAL. Overland Torque Tune. Toyota roof rack. Toyota bed extender. Gator trifold tonneau. Bora .75" wheel spacers. 265/75r16 tires.
    the tsb's don't normally apply to life threatening or dangerous situations.... thats when they issue recalls. you explained the example of the rear leaf tsb yourself. it is to correct a harsh ride under load, not because the truck will go off the road. the tsb's aren't readily available to the public because they're not suppossed to be. they are there to give the mechanics directions and to have a common strategy on how to fix any common problems that may arise. they are no one's right to get done and the dealership is not obligated to do one unless something is broken.

3. Jun 14, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I haven't had any TSB's done and my truck is fine. So there would be no need to have them done, like a recall would.

4. Jun 14, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Major91

Major91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffROAD Barcelona Red
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    I do understand that these 'TSB's' are for the mechanics so they have there 'know what to do' cheat sheet. Thats great for the service dept for sure but, but the general population that has no idea of what is wrong with there truck and just live with it does not seem all that right to me. Thats about all...........I am having a TSB done on my rear leaf springs that include adding plates in betweeen for the squeaking. I know of a few guys that have been living with this just because there mentality is just live with it...........there loss.....but can be avoided. thats all....

5. Jun 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

Just sucking it up is the consumers fault...Not happy with the performance of a part/system- Go complain to the dealer or Toyota Corporate and/or talk to other people who have the same vehicle you'll soon figure out trends and see where the problem might be coming from.

If you don't have a problem- then reading about someone elses problem doesn't make it yours. Old adage "Don't fix what ain't broke"

Products Discussed in

To Top