Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Automatic Headlight Mod

Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Taco161 is a jewel in the roughTaco161 is a jewel in the roughTaco161 is a jewel in the roughTaco161 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Joe
Taco161's Tacoma Gallery
Question Automatic Headlight Mod

I was very disappointed that the headlights on my Taco aren't the kind that come on automatically when it gets dark. This is the one of the little things that has taken me the longest to get used to since I have had this feature in all of my vechicles since 1997, even my wife's Hyndai has this as standard equipment. What makes it especially harder to remember to put them on is that the dash lights always go on when ever the vechicle starts. The first couple of weeks I drove a few miles before I would realize that my headlights weren't on. Hell, at times I still forget to put them on every now and then.
I was wondering if anyone here has tried to do a mod that will make the headlights auto on. I'm far from the expertise that you guys have with these electrical mods but was wondering if all it would take is some type of photosensor wired into the light switch to make it happen.

Joe
Old 06-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Just leave them on all the time, they auto shut off when the key is off.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
^+1, they shut off once you turn the key off and open the door.