Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

RCD club, how many are in?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Have only had mine down the dirt roads around the back woods but it rode amazing.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #22
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
did not know that....thanks

btw I advise all prerunners to get spindles instead of this kit

And 4x4's unfortunately we have no options for that much lift except drop bracket/ LT
Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Sliders.
+1

Nice looking truck though for sure. Rims aren't my thing but, still not bad look'n.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #24
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Solus, after seeing yours I think I am going to sell my N-Fab bars and just go with the factory black Toyota running boards. I think my N-Fabs don't make it look as high.
thats funny because I was thinking of getting them because my family is already complaining about it being hard to get into... we are all short
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #25
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, I don't think it would add anymore lift or affect the CVs but I could be wrong. I'm just thinking of how it will ride offroad. Have you tried yet?
yes you can use kings or w/e you want with these. kings or something would be bad ass in a lift like this.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #26
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have only had mine down the dirt roads around the back woods but it rode amazing.
I've only driven from about 200 miles on it and it ride super nice... no more jarring from the lack of travel in the shocks...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats funny because I was thinking of getting them because my family is already complaining about it being hard to get into... we are all short
Mine too. I know there are others with this kit. Post up if you have it.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #28
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
yes you can use kings or w/e you want with these. kings or something would be bad ass in a lift like this.
I don't think an adjustable shock would work... the bilsteins up front are significantly longer than my previous 5100s ... you'd need an extended shock fit for 4-5" of lift.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #29
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was thinking about the ones that work with the Fabtech/ Pro Comp Lifts. Do these 5100's utilize the stock coils?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #30

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think an adjustable shock would work... the bilsteins up front are significantly longer than my previous 5100s ... you'd need an extended shock fit for 4-5" of lift.
The guys at down south motorsports said the kings would work. I wouldn't want them though. I think it is perfect the way it is.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #31

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337taco View Post
i was thinking about the ones that work with the fabtech/ pro comp lifts. Do these 5100's utilize the stock coils?
yes!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #32
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was thinking about the ones that work with the Fabtech/ Pro Comp Lifts. Do these 5100's utilize the stock coils?
yes they do... I'm sure the 6" shocks would work but then you'd still have cv problems
Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #33
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I have contacted RCD (waiting on a reply) to find out for sure what is going on with that kit. I will keep everyone advised.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
Slamry

Thanks for the info guys. I would probably get this lift if I had some extra money.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #35

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
I have contacted RCD (waiting on a reply) to find out for sure what is going on with that kit. I will keep everyone advised.
Lots of people would probably REALLY appreciate it if "SOMEBODY" were to offer a group buy. (hint, hint)
Old 06-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #36
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lots of people would probably REALLY appreciate it if "SOMEBODY" were to offer a group buy. (hint, hint)
better NOT! I just bought this kit!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #37
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in

Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #38
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I believe I'm going to pick one up and run it with my 885 coils that give me about 1.25 inches of lift right now
Old 06-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #39

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Any of you guys have any thoughts for a front skid plate? Don't suggest that skinny one that RCD has either.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #40
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I used the stock skid plate... my TRD one didnt fit so I made a stock (black one) fit. it took a little finesse with a hammer but it fits