Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

RCD club, how many are in?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
RCD club, how many are in?

It seems all you hear about are 3" and 6" lift kits. I was wondering how many people have the 4.5-5" RCD lift beside myself? Post up some pics and let's hear your comments. I love mine. The ride is just about back to a factory ride as compared to my toytec ultimate kit. The wheel travel is awesome and the handling is even better. I don't have any action shots yet, but here are the first few when she came home. Anybody else?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm to cool I guess.

Nice looking truck btw.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
would like to hear more

any closer pic's of the suspension??
Old 06-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
would like to hear more

any closer pic's of the suspension??
Here are some of the CV axels. They are perfectally parallel to the ground.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
What do you have the front 5100s set at?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #6

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever they came at.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
What do you have the front 5100s set at?
I'm in the club... woot!

theres only one setting on the Bilsteins with the RCD kit... they are extended length

crap phone pics... I'll have more once I clean her up

Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can you guys get the longer coilovers from King/ ICON, etc.? Will they work with the RCD?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
08ruggedtrail is on a distinguished road

Name: shannon
08ruggedtrail's Tacoma Gallery
how much did the lift run you ?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
According to my paperwork, the kit uses an adjustable 5100 up front. That is why it is a 4"-5" kit.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #11

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Solus is right. I just looked. Yes you can supposedly add king or Icons CO's to this but then you would probably have CV issues again. I think I paid around $1700 for my kit.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
RCD must have made a running change on those front shocks then.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #13

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Solus, after seeing yours I think I am going to sell my N-Fab bars and just go with the factory black Toyota running boards. I think my N-Fabs don't make it look as high.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #14
Slamry

Hmm, I don't think it would add anymore lift or affect the CVs but I could be wrong. I'm just thinking of how it will ride offroad. Have you tried yet?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
Slamry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Solus, after seeing yours I think I am going to sell my N-Fab bars and just go with the factory black Toyota running boards. I think my N-Fabs don't make it look as high.
Sliders.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
According to my paperwork, the kit uses an adjustable 5100 up front. That is why it is a 4"-5" kit.
there only one notch for the perch to sit on these shocks
Old 06-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ruggedtrail View Post
how much did the lift run you ?
jrobson got his at cost... mine was $1929 shipped from wheelers
Old 06-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
diff in lift height depends on if u are a prerunner or 4x4.. extra weight in the front of the 4x4 gets less lift than a prerunner.. prerunner averages about 5 after settles and 4x4 about 4.15-4.5
The press release actually states that the front bilsteins have different settings on them in that kit. But evidently RCD changed the setup without letting us know. Oh well. The Trucks look Great!!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #19
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
diff in lift height depends on if u are a prerunner or 4x4.. extra weight in the front of the 4x4 gets less lift than a prerunner.. prerunner averages about 5 after settles and 4x4 about 4.15-4.5
did not know that....thanks

btw I advise all prerunners to get spindles instead of this kit
Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The press release actually states that the front bilsteins have different settings on them in that kit. But evidently RCD changed the setup without letting us know. Oh well. The Trucks look Great!!
well, I got RCD kit from you and theres only 1 perch on the shock