Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

raffle or auction

Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
raffle or auction

i am pretty new here but have been members of various other online boards, few with this many members though, anyway in the past a couple that i belonged to put on raffles or auctions to either raise money for the board or just give stuff to members. i was thinking if anyone would be interested in doing something like putting up a set amount maybe 10 or 20 bucks to a paypal account and we could do something like but a supercharger or something and raffle it off. it has been pretty fun in the past and a great way to get mods you may not be able to afford
Old 06-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
First off.....if it involves money & this forum, you should ask persmission from the owner/operator TcBob.

Secondly.... sending money/paypal to an otherwise 'unknown' source is ridiculous. The only person I'd send 'donations' to would be a TacomaWorld account and/or TcBob directly. And again, asking TcBob to volunteer his (already busy) time to help you with this.

Your idea is neat - however - the logistics haven't been planned out and/or you haven't thought about who or how this money will be handled, who or how the raffle will take place, who or how the items will be purchased, who or how the items will be shipped.

It's a lot of work do to something like that.....think about it.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
If Bob were to give his OK, I'd volunteer to use my PayPal account to hold the money. I probably wouldn't administer the raffle, but I think that I'm a trusted-enough member to handle the cash.

Again... only w/ Bob's OK. I think something like this has been shot down in the past.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
For the OP,

Keep your eye on the forum near Christmas time. Last year we had a HUGE secret santa thing going on and that worked out pretty good.

I enjoyed it and I'd definately do it again. I'd even volunteer to organize it this year if someone wants or needs someone to do it (and I'm serious).

Ok....would anyone be interested in a "Christmas in July" Secret Santa??
Old 06-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
If Bob were to give his OK, I'd volunteer to use my PayPal account to hold the money. I probably wouldn't administer the raffle, but I think that I'm a trusted-enough member to handle the cash.

Again... only w/ Bob's OK. I think something like this has been shot down in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
sending money/paypal to an otherwise 'unknown' source is ridiculous. The only person I'd send 'donations' to would be a TacomaWorld account and/or TcBob directly.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #6
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... saw that... and not comparing myself to tcBob... but I feel that I'm established enough to be trusted, if Bob doesn't want to deal w/ it. That's all I'm sayin'.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #8

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'm your worst nightmare.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #10

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I see your signature I think of a tiger stalking prey... kind of inching up from behind bushes.

Back on topic...

I'm just saying that I'd volunteer to take care of tracking money in a PayPal account... who has given what amount of money, etc. I'm an accountant and deal with money all the time.

Seriously, if my offer isnt' welcome or needed, that's fine.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #12

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... this is just a subtle way of suggesting I become a mod...
Old 06-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
i like the idea. Give some people chances at winning big time. Or being able to do a cool mod
Old 06-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #15

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
And we still don't know who you are.....mod or not.
That's true about me, every mod, and tcBob, too... and that's why this idea will probably never get off the ground. Except for a few, the vast majority of site users don't know each other. There's simply not enough trust in strangers to allow one to hold the money for many. Mod or not, honest person or not, nothing is going to change the fact that only a couple of people on this site have had personal, face-to-face interaction with anybody else on the site.

Fun idea in theory... but it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
talking about it is the quickest way to NOT become one...
Yeah, I know... I have no hope anyway. Mostly just making jokes.