Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My new M416 Trailer

Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My new M416 Trailer

UPDATED 04/18/12
So my dad and I bought this old 1960's M416 trailer to build for expedition camping. I completely removed the tongue and frame from the tub, had it sand blasted and powdercoated and replaced all the nuts, bolts and washers with new zinc ones and replaced all the rubber gromets (basically all hardware was replaced) and then reassembled. We then did a spring over, and dad put on the same 33's and matching wheels like the ones on his '79 CJ-7 Golden Eagle Jeep. Between those 2 upgrades it raised the trailer like 4", so its easier to see now. We then had the tub sent off to the powdercoaters. Next we added a tool box to the tongue, using some square tubing to raise it up from the tongue some and give good mounting points. We also added one 5 gallon propane tank behind each fender flare and one 3 gallon Rotopax gas can in front of each fender flare on both sides of the trailer. Recently we had a custom lid made by Sierra4x4trailers.com and bought the ARB Sampson III RTT. To mount the RTT to the lid we used Thule tracks, feet and crossbars. In addition, we installed some LED lights in the tent that are wired to a deep cycle gel battery in the tongue-mounted toolbox. We also, just had the lid painted, and while we had the lid off, we removed the tub, flipped it over and sprayed a rubberized coating on the bottom. Now we just need to paint the tub. Dad and I are arguing over the color, I say leave it all flat grey like it is now, but dad wants to paint it to match the Jeep (1979 Alpaca Brown Metallic) for show purposes. My arguement is that we arent building it for car shows, we're building it for camping. Although, I'll admit, it will look sharp match painted and behind his jeep. Oh well, like dad says, when I inherit it...I can paint it whatever damn color I want. Heres the pics. MORE TO COME!!!!!

How it looked the day we bough and picked it up

Frame and tongue removed

Spring over

After powdercoating and spring-over

After 33's

On the Taco

On the Jeep

Back from the powdercoaters

5 gallon propane tanks added on each side

Rotopax 3 gallon tanks on each side mounted

New lid

ARB RTT waiting to be put on

Dropping trailer and Sierra4x4 lid off at BaerTrax to be mounted and installed

Got trailer back from BaerTrax...Time to mount RTT

Unboxed tent

Set tent on top, ready to mount

Mounted and open

Inside view

Tent closed, cover on, lid open

All done with RTT install

Rubberized coating applied to bottom of tub

Lid back from paint shop and re-installed

Tent re-installed and trailer loaded with camping gear

Tent Open

Tent & Lid Open

LED's Installed in Tent

Annex installed

1st Camping Trip/Dry Run to Test

Campsite
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That is sick! Where did you pick that up from?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Check the government liquidation auction website: http://www.govliquidation.com/

Warning: if you view that site enough, you may inadvertently find yourself owning a surplus duece-and-a-half.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Check the government liquidation auction website: http://www.govliquidation.com/

Warning: if you view that site enough, you may inadvertently find yourself owning a surplus duece-and-a-half.
Which ain't a bad thing!

What are your plans for the trailer?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to get one of these. They're tough to find around here though.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post

disregard the giant building on top of it. We were moving it.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice trailer OP. I saw a cool build of one a few weeks ago but I can't remember what site it was on.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Check here for some great ideas!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...splay.php?f=42
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
thats the site. Tons of info there.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=30442
sweet set up here
Old 06-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

hahaha! I immediatley thought of you when I read deuce and a half, then I scroll down and there you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post

Oh dear god. I just started researching possible camper trailer setups. Looking at teardrops, too. Then I found this:

http://www.socalteardrops.com/original.html
Old 06-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
How much can you get a 2 1/2 for on that site? I've been looking at them for the last couple of weeks, and the $150 opening bid is pretty tempting...

-Sean

Quote:

Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by swendling12 View Post
How much can you get a 2 1/2 for on that site? I've been looking at them for the last couple of weeks, and the $150 opening bid is pretty tempting...

-Sean

I have no idea. That truck belonged to my stepdad way before I met him. He got it at a surplus place in moriarty NM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... They've got about 8 8x6's and 6x6's down in Kansas I was looking at... I think it would be a fun money pit.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #16
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Those 6x6 trucks look like a LOT OF FUN. Sadly, my wife would probably kill me before I had a chance to enjoy it.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #17
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
nice find! those are great little trailers.

i'm getting ready to start building a trailer for camping.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I'm checking out all those sweet trailers on that website and now I want one REALLY bad!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thats the site. Tons of info there.
I have literally spent hours on there just looking at the builds on that site!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
hahaha! I immediatley thought of you when I read deuce and a half, then I scroll down and there you are!

Oh dear god. I just started researching possible camper trailer setups. Looking at teardrops, too. Then I found this:

http://www.socalteardrops.com/original.html

Those tear drops are awesome!