1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fixed trailer lights !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stingray4me, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Jun 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    stingray4me

stingray4me [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    pat
    centerville, georgia
    Vehicle:
    n/a
    I recently got my 2005 tacoma & the trailer lights for my boat weren't working. I too checked the fuses that were good in the cab & under the hood. I looked under the rear bumper to look at the wires & felt with my finger tips in the area around the corner of the back of the truck on the drivers side & inside the frame you can barely feel some fuses there. I just found 2 bad ones there. There are at least 3 there. Like I said you cant see them you have to feel for them. I checked it out with a volt meter & I now have the voltage for the trailer lights !!!

2. Jun 17, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    Now the next step is to try to figure out why the fuses blew in the first place. Could have been water in the trailer connection, or perhaps you have a frayed or damaged wire somewhere- I'd check resistance to ground on all of your pins to ensure that you're OK. :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top