1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One more step complete... Tinted the Taco today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by floridaoccifer, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:26 AM
    rob_s

rob_s Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE FL
    Vehicle:
    White 2010 DC SB Sport
    For those that don't know there are no inspection in FL anymore. Haven't been for... 20 years maybe?

IIRC you can also get a dispensation from a doctor. I've been thinking of seeing if I can get one for my migraines. Driving around in the un-tinted Taco has been making my head hurt.

Also, it's a good practice to roll down your windows when pulled over anyway, let alone if you have illegal tint. FWIW, I believe that in FL you can't get pulled over for tint alone, it has to be an add-on after you've been pulled over for something else.

2. Jun 18, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer [OP] Civil Servant

Member:
    False...

3. Jun 18, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    rob_s

rob_s Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE FL
    Vehicle:
    White 2010 DC SB Sport
    Good to know. I thought it was like seatbelts used to be where they had to tag you after stopping you for something else.

The good news is that down here they'd have to stop every other vehicle with dark tint.

4. Jun 18, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    floridaoccifer

Member:

Yep ;)

5. Jun 18, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    JONNY TACO

JONNY TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA.
    Vehicle:
    DARK METALLIC GRAY -DOUBLE CAB SHORT BED
    ADVANTAGE TONNEAU COVER,TOYOTA BED LINER, POP&LOCK TAILGATE LOCK, SIDE TUBES, WIFE IN PASSENGER SEAT
    If I were a police officer, I would get very nervous walking up to a vehicle that I could not see into. It's too easy for the person inside to be pointing a gun my way. Think about that before you go bashing the police who put their lives on the line for a simple traffic stop.

6. Jun 18, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    rob_s

rob_s Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE FL
    Vehicle:
    White 2010 DC SB Sport
    This is actually the exact reason given for tint laws. It is also somewhat odd the way most of these laws are written where the rear windows aren't affected as by the time an officer gets to the front window it could be too late.

But, it's also the reason I try to roll down all four if I can whenever an officer is approaching the vehicle. I have had at least one guy jump back through. I guess he thought something bad was happening, or he was startled because nobody had ever done it before.

7. Jun 18, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    floridaoccifer

Member:

x1000000~

This makes a world of difference.

Either way, if someone wants to say hello to you there is nothing you can do about it. There are more silly traffic violations on the books than one can even imagine. Each and every vehicle I see on the road has/does at least 3-4 things that are enforceable.

Keep that in mind and drive safe, thanks for all the positive comments... Now back out to my stereo install!

8. Jun 18, 2010 at 7:06 AM
    2009Silver

2009Silver Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    WeatherTechs Bed Extender Bed Mat 3" Lift Spidertrax Clarion DVD HU Overhead Monitor
    I'll go ahead and assume you are a LEO around Madison???

Do you happen to know how dark we can go legally?

Thanks!

9. Jun 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    aftermarket 35% on rears and rear windshield. 50% on the front windows, and nothing on the windshield

Stock from dealer, like trucks is legal even though its probably 15% on those

10. Jun 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    I bought my truck 3 years ago and it came with 5% tint on all windows except windshield of course! 1 year later, our precious police force got these new "toys" that read the tint on yer rig. I had no idea about these little toys they got but the day they began using them (my birthday believe it or not) I got pulled over. He looked 15 years old and he had the look of a 15 year old seeing a set of titties for the 1st time. I was nice and polite and shit and he gave me a $565 ticket and said "have a happy birthday"!!! I wanted to go postal!

11. Jun 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tampa, Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    Looks good man, I have 5% all the way around...its perfect!

What county are you a officer in?

Products Discussed in

To Top