Notices

Bed net or bed box to hold groceries?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
minivan4tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Kristi
minivan4tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bed net or bed box to hold groceries?

I'm looking for a net or box for my LB DC so the groceries don't roll around like crazy on the way home. The kids take up the whole back seat. I do all the shopping so the front seat isn't big enough either.

Does something like this exist?!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a cross-bed tool box to stow them in. There are some pretty decent size ones available.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Why not get a bed divider? You could place it close to the cab and keep the groceries in that small area, that was my idea when I had the same issue.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
http://trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodVi...product=290465

or that
Old 06-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
lrak will become famous soon enoughlrak will become famous soon enough
lrak's Tacoma Gallery
I just run a bungee cord between the two D rings and through all the grocery bag and jug handles. That way nothing slides forward.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 AM   #7
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
or get a bed extender. i don't know how much groceries you will be hauling but they work for me. tailgate close and the cage surround just enough space for stuff not to move around.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #9
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want to put them next to the cab or next to the tailgate? Is this something you need to be able to keep in the truck all the time and just make use of when you're at the store, or something you can store in the garage and load up before you head to the store?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #10
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
I use the cargo net (which is different from the bed net). I didn't like the fact that they expect you to use cleats to secure it, so I removed the bolts at either end of the front rail, slid the loop-ends of the cargo net under the front rail so the bolts would hold them on & reattached the bolts. That way it takes up no space in bed when not in use so I can leave it there all the time.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #11
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
A bed mat works wonders.
For a cheaper option, try one of those plastic boxes, like $7 at walmart, and a little bit of drawer liner, the rubbery stuff. Put the groceries in the box and then place it on the drawer liner. It won't slip or slid around at all.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #12
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
or get a 2x6 to fit in between the rails (where the slot is) and put some hooks on it to attach the bags
Old 06-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #13
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I would put them in the back near the tailgate and put some sort of bed divider. That way it will be easier for the wife and kids to help unload the groceries.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #14
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
or get a bed extender. i don't know how much groceries you will be hauling but they work for me. tailgate close and the cage surround just enough space for stuff not to move around.
That's good Idea.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #15
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a generic net at Pepboys for under $20.00. Three bays and works well. Each bay sized for a big grocery sack.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #16
minivan4tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Kristi
minivan4tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all the responses! I want it to be a perm solution. I also have a stroller and some of the boys stuff back there.

my two year old always says "mommies taco" and points to the truck. SO fun!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #17
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
I use my bed extender - works well.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #18
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dave
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Make the kids ride in the bed and put the groceries in the back seat.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
I would say combine a few ideas here, get the bed extender and bed mat. Then run a bungie cord through the handles of the bags to a d-ring on each side of the bed.

Products Discussed in this Thread