Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

headlight ?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
teambcw is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
Question headlight ?

I just installed a 35w DDM slim ballast 6000k hi/low kit and love the light but in low beam it throws the light all over the place and doesnt focus it so well right on the road. I tried it in high beam mode and it is just perfect. So my question is how and is it possible to adjust the shield or wire somehow the kit to think I have the high beams on all the time. It just sucks that I cant have my fogs on while in hi beam. no I dont have the fog light mod. I just dont want to keep it in hi beam all the time because the light on my dash bugs the hell out of me. and i know it is not right. thanks for any help you can give me. also I love my fogs. 35w 6000k also. Jason
Old 06-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
you should be able to mess with the wire harness a bit, you know the small one that has the black and white wire, i belive that one controls the mag in the bulb. maybe switch them so they are opposite...
Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
do you know for sure that controls it? i would hate to mess them up as they have only been in for 2 days. thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
how about contact the DDM customer support?
I would have better luck here, they dont even pick up the phone half the time.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambcw View Post
do you know for sure that controls it? i would hate to mess them up as they have only been in for 2 days. thanks
to be positive take a voltmeter to the contacts that the harness connects to, the old bulb outlet. if you are worried about messing them up, then i wouldnt do it, just adjust your bulbs up a little higher.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else have any input? The light are adjusted right they just throw to much light all over the place at low beam. they look like they are backwards, low looks high and high looks low.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you need to adjust the headlights man. look on the back of the housing and there will be little black covers, behind the covers there are little metal wheels you can turn to aim the lights. shine your headlights on a wall about 30 yards away and start adjusting

heres the details with pics.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...e-posting.html
Old 06-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
you need to adjust the headlights man. look on the back of the housing and there will be little black covers, behind the covers there are little metal wheels you can turn to aim the lights. shine your headlights on a wall about 30 yards away and start adjusting

heres the details with pics.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...e-posting.html
I have done this already, it helped out a ton but when i have it in low beam it throws light allover the place. way to much glare. Once I hit high beam the light gets way more central in front of my truck and not near as high in peoples windows. I have spent a good hour on adjustments and it is were it needs to be. It is like the shield is opposite.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #10
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well then keep adjusting man. after I put mine in my driver side beam was shining farther right than my passenger side light was and way up in the air.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
its not adjusting the light..... it is the way the light comes out of the housing. they are aimed right.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #12

can you take a pic of how it is shining against a wall or something? Im curious to see how it shines. Granted the HIDs are not designed to shine out of our housing, they are meant for halogen bulbs.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #13

heres mine
Old 06-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I can take one tonight, That is exactly what i mean. when in low beam it looks like crap not focused anywhere really but once i put in it high beam it looks perfect. 2 nice clean beams right where they should be.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #15

that pic is of my low beams. is there anyway you have your bulbs installed upside down? normally on low beam your bulbs will be behind the sheild, once you flip on the highs the bulb will rise up and shine over the top of the bulb. put some sun glasses on and look to see where the bulb located and that will help
Old 06-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I know this is a dumb question but do you have them upside down? Only reason I ask this is because I know someone that has installed them the wrong way up?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #17
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think so, there was only a set of Chinese instructions but i put the shield on top. Is that right?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
He is The STig

mick478's Tacoma Gallery
my low beams from ddm have a good amount of stray light, one of the reasons you could be noticing it is because these are brighter than your original bulbs, which could be throwing the same stray, but not as noticable. your original bulbs are built to a cetain spec, i really dont know what specs the ddm's are built to, but i assume they are close to the halogens. if you notice the bulb that you installed are longer than the halogens you replaced, and could be throwing light everywhere and the filament could be off, throwing more stray light. my high beams throw quite a bit more stray light, compared to the cleaner cut-off that my lows have. i read that they are adjusted right, but could they not be installed into the housing correctly? its light now but later on ill post some of my 55watters against my garage for ya, as a comparison.
good luck
Old 06-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambcw View Post
its not adjusting the light..... it is the way the light comes out of the housing. they are aimed right.
I hate to be an ass but it is because the light housings are not designed for hid's.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
teambcw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
I hate to be an ass but it is because the light housings are not designed for hid's.
thanks!