Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Broke my 5100 rear shock need advice on replacement.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
NUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to behold

NUKEWORKER_69's Tacoma Gallery
Broke my 5100 rear shock need advice on replacement.

Did some wheeling yesterday and got to a rough spot where I was spiting out the rocks that I needed to be climbing. I did this a few times and the truck would slam a little hard but not too bad on the ground. I get out to check out a new line and I see an oil spot on the dirt . Thankfully it was the rear driver 5100 and not my brake line/rear diff.

It seams to ride just fine still, so I will continue to drive it till I figure out what I want to replace it with.

Would it be best to get another set or rear 5100's? I was even looking at the 5125's and they seem a little better as far as travel. Or should I just get another brand of shock. To be fully honest I really thought these would hold up better than they did.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUKEWORKER_69 View Post
Did some wheeling yesterday and got to a rough spot where I was spiting out the rocks that I needed to be climbing. I did this a few times and the truck would slam a little hard but not too bad on the ground. I get out to check out a new line and I see an oil spot on the dirt . Thankfully it was the rear driver 5100 and not my brake line/rear diff.

It seams to ride just fine still, so I will continue to drive it till I figure out what I want to replace it with.

Would it be best to get another set or rear 5100's? I was even looking at the 5125's and they seem a little better as far as travel. Or should I just get another brand of shock. To be fully honest I really thought these would hold up better than they did.
I'd contact the place you bough your 5100s from, there might be a free/warranty replacement for it... leave out the part about the hillclimb tho.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
If i remember correctly, the liquid is highly flamable. Might wanna take a little extra precaution.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
NUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to behold

NUKEWORKER_69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I'd contact the place you bough your 5100s from, there might be a free/warranty replacement for it... leave out the part about the hillclimb tho.
I bought the truck used with them on it, but the shocks have less than 10k on them. Hell the truck itself only has 16k.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I would think the Company themselves would have some kind of replacement warranty on it check with them
Old 06-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
the 5100's have a life time warranty.