Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75 and no AAL - Any Pics?

Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75 and no AAL - Any Pics?

I ordered the 5100s and want to set them at 1.75 but not sure if I will need AAL or not. The back already sits ~1.5" higher than the front and I have no tsb. I would like to sit level (no rake or very little). Anyone done this and have pics. If you do have pics also what size tires you running?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 and no AAL or TSB. I have toytec's 1.5" AAL but haven't got around to installing them. It sit's about .5" higher in the front. Looks pretty level most of the time, but on a slight incline it does look abit nose high as you can see in the 4th pic

Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
KrackHouse is on a distinguished road
KrackHouse's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks good!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Nick
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
is that at least tsb rear?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
KrackHouse is on a distinguished road
KrackHouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
1.75 and no AAL or TSB. I have toytec's 1.5" AAL but haven't got around to installing them. It sit's about .5" higher in the front. Looks pretty level most of the time, but on a slight incline it does look abit nose high as you can see in the 4th pic
Nope

What size tires are you running?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running this setup right now on my double cab, and mine sits exactly like tacobox's does in his last picture, .5" higher in the front. Like tacobox said, most of the time it looks pretty level, but that's because the space in the wheel well is even in the front and back; when you stand back and look at the whole truck though you can definitely tell it's nose-high.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is about a 1/2 inch higher in front as well, but I'm not bothered by it since I generally don't tow or haul.....my feeling was I definitely wanted more height in the front than .85, and it's a lot simpler to throw in an AAL if it was too nose high than it would be to take the Billy's back out, raise, and re-align.

I think I'm gonna leave it as is though.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You can tell a little in this picture that mine sits a little nose high with just the front 5100's and nothing in the back. I plan on doing something to the rear pretty soon though, because I do some towing and hauling and I don't want to be dragging tail all the time:

Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
You can tell a little in this picture that mine sits a little nose high with just the front 5100's and nothing in the back. I plan on doing something to the rear pretty soon though, because I do some towing and hauling and I don't want to be dragging tail all the time:

What size tires are you running? Any rubbing at 1.75" with those?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
Wild Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
What size tires are you running? Any rubbing at 1.75" with those?
They're 285/60/18 on an 18x9, they don't rub at all. They actually didn't rub at all even before I lifted it, with the front mud flaps removed. I'm stepping up to a bigger tire, probably a 285/65/18 in a MT, which should be no problem now that I've got the 5100's set up at 1.75.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They're 285/60/18 on an 18x9, they don't rub at all. They actually didn't rub at all even before I lifted it, with the front mud flaps removed.
Thanks, what's the backspacing on your wheels?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
Wild Ginger

They are a 0 offset wheel, so the backspacing should be 4.5".
Old 06-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are a 0 offset wheel, so the backspacing should be 4.5".
Sure they are 0 offset? 0 offset on a 9" rim is 5" BS.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
Wild Ginger

You're right about the BS actually, I wasn't thinking about the hub depth. And they are definitely 0 offset though, my tires just barely sit flush with the fender:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/whe...98033&pc=66356
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
richfish68 is a name known to allrichfish68 is a name known to allrichfish68 is a name known to allrichfish68 is a name known to allrichfish68 is a name known to allrichfish68 is a name known to all

Air Force: 49th Fighter Wing
Name: Chris
richfish68's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to richfish68
bilsteins at 1.75" with 1/4" spacer on driver side. stock rear no tsb. 265/65/18 bfg at's on 18x9 rockstars. sits nearly level, looks perfect imo and rides better than stock, not stiff at all...

Old 06-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks All for the pics and info

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I want more than .85 and I figured I could raise the front and do a AAL later if it sits to high. I was also thinking that since I got new rear 5100s that maybe that will help alittle since my old shocks are worn. Thanks to everybody who responded so far and thanks for pics really helped me out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natetroknot View Post
Mine is about a 1/2 inch higher in front as well, but I'm not bothered by it since I generally don't tow or haul.....my feeling was I definitely wanted more height in the front than .85, and it's a lot simpler to throw in an AAL if it was too nose high than it would be to take the Billy's back out, raise, and re-align.

I think I'm gonna leave it as is though.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrackHouse View Post
Nope

What size tires are you running?
265/75/16 on 16X8 0 offset. Just installed my toytec 1.5" AAL today... looks much better IMO. I'll get pics up tomorrow
Old 06-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
i have my bilsteins set to 1.75 with the tsb in the rear and it sits with the rear end maybe .5in higher in the back.