Notices

My New Bull Bar!!

Old 06-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
My New Bull Bar!!

I was very excited today when my brother-in-law called me and told me they got my new bull bar in today!! I could barely wait to get off of work to go to the shop and get it. It is a Westin E-Series Bull Bar, polished stainless steel, lifetime warranty. The instructions state to take the tow hooks and stock skid plate off but there was no need. About 30 minutes to take all of the packaging off and an hour to put it on. I am very very pleased with what I got!

Old 06-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Shiny!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Looks good, I use to have one befor I got my allpro bumper
Old 06-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
whats the point of these??
Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
whats the point of these??
Besides the aesthetics, I put this on so once I start getting into some of the larger hills and what not anything that would possibly rub up against the flimsy bumper won't now. Plus you never know around here if a deer is gonna jump out of a ditch, just a little more stability to the front end that will help prevent some damage.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
same as a skid plate kinda
Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Not at all like a skid plate. Skid plates protect the undercarriage. Bull bars protect the front end. Having said that, if you hit anything more than say a bush with the bull bar, it will just be pushed back into the bumper and cause damage that way. Deer? Forget it.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
^^ true that wilson, i use mine for looks and well i put lights and that helps out at night and people who cut you off.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I mainly have it to hold the auxilliary lights-they're tough enough and frame-bolted that they can actually save the front end in a bump up to maybe 10-15 MPH. Beyond that they-ll buckle
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
bull bar looks good.......alot better looking than the westins with those black caps on them. you planning on mounting any lights on it??
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:46 AM   #12
Sir Anal Loin of Beef

The lights shall come in time. But next investment is with my stimulus check, and thats gonna be the borla exhaust.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #13
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Roo bar

You are missing a lot of your front end.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 AM   #14
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #15
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
The Colt`s go well with the Taco.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #16
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have been playing around with the idea of getting a bull bar. I have the red truck and I think I would go with the black bar. They do look good. Any protection they give is a bonus.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #17
Billy Reuben
Punisher has a spectacular aura aboutPunisher has a spectacular aura about
Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
Looka nice !
Old 06-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TRD View Post
I have been playing around with the idea of getting a bull bar. I have the red truck and I think I would go with the black bar. They do look good. Any protection they give is a bonus.
I agree. I plan on getting one myself. That Westin above is nice.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #19
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
They will fold up on impact with anything harder than a bug. Don't fool yourself into thinking they will protect you.

I think I'm gonna keep mine for a while and then swap it for the RE light bar. Maybe give my bullbar to my Sister if she decides to get a Tacoma.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #20
Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
You are missing a lot of your front end.

Just couldn't find a full front piece that I liked and was in polished steel. I like the one on yours but I just don't think the black finish looks good on the Silver Streak Mica. I'm not a big fan of chrome just because one chip and you will start to see rusting.