1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Spring TSB with Mods Done?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by floridaoccifer, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jun 23, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer [OP] Civil Servant

Member:
    Has anyone attempted to have the rear spring TSB completed while having either aftermarket shocks or blocks installed?

I have an appointment on Friday to check into this and I have blocks installed on the rear...

Thanks in advance,

2. Jun 23, 2010 at 5:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Some folks have- Some of those were told to pound sand, Some got the work done. It's kind of a crap shoot.

3. Jun 23, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    sioux_hockey_guy

sioux_hockey_guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bismarck, ND
    Vehicle:
    Black '08 TRD OR 2" Leveled
    Eibach front springs, Billstein 5100's set at .85" Rear blocks (1.5"?) w, TSB. To be replaced w/ AAL
    I had blocks on mine and they said they weren't sure if the new hardware would allow for the blocks to be put back. The tech was real nice about it and when I picked her up they had put the blocks back. Now I really need to hurry up and get the 5100's and Eibachs installed. The rake is really noticeable but I like the level the rear is at. No vibrations or anything either.

4. Jun 23, 2010 at 5:42 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer [OP] Civil Servant

Member:
    Well at least there is some positive here...

Here is my deal, I am over factory warranty mileage but I have owned 5 Toyota's (most brand new off the lot). I called customer care and opened a case. I expected them to say "pound sand" but they are calling me in on Friday to "evaluate" my claim that I need this done.

I guess we shall see what happens then...

I will keep everyone informed.

5. Jun 23, 2010 at 5:48 AM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    That's why I had my TSB done before any suspension work. I realize that might not be a possibility for some, but if you have the choice wait with your mods just to be sure!

Products Discussed in

To Top