Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rattle/ Clank Sound - Dealership suggested TSB TSB

Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
spikele is on a distinguished road
spikele's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle/ Clank Sound - Dealership suggested TSB TSB

I have an 07' DC with 42,000+ miles on it. I took the truck into the dealership yesterday and test drove with one of their techs to confirm the issue. Issue confirmed, and I got a call after they hoisted it up in the air, they said that the rear leaf springs were worn. So they did the TSB for it and I picked up the truck. Drove it home, no issues.

But...when I drove it to work this morning, I could definitely hear the rattle/ clank sound. It's just not that noticeable as it once was.

Should I...take it back and make a scene? Or just take it back?

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Why would you ASK if you should go make a scene?? They hooked you up with the TSB cause you are already out of warranty...Take it back- talk with them more.

No need to go high and right because there generosity didn't fix the problem right off the bat...There can be lots of problems that cause rattling....Springs are a good place to start-but I'd guess some more work is needed. Even if it does take more- you got free new springs...so keep working reasonably with them.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
catch more flies with sugar than with water!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
spikele's Tacoma Gallery
Oh sorry, forgot to add that I have an extended warranty. So it was covered.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
catch more flies with sugar than vinegar!
Sorry!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mudafuga
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck's issue still has a problem then take it back. Be civil and polite, but be firm in your resolve to have it fixed. There is no reason to make a scene. Besides when you provoke others with unnecessary shouting and other rude behavior they are much less likely to help you.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikele View Post
Oh sorry, forgot to add that I have an extended warranty. So it was covered.
Actually- I think if you read the TSB it states 3yr/36K warranty...so I'd say you got lucky with a good dealership or you pulled one over on them.

Either way-Free springs @ 42K miles is a great deal...Keep being civil with them...It'll get you further.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikele View Post
I have an 07' DC with 42,000+ miles on it. I took the truck into the dealership yesterday and test drove with one of their techs to confirm the issue. Issue confirmed, and I got a call after they hoisted it up in the air, they said that the rear leaf springs were worn. So they did the TSB for it and I picked up the truck. Drove it home, no issues.

But...when I drove it to work this morning, I could definitely hear the rattle/ clank sound. It's just not that noticeable as it once was.

Should I...take it back and make a scene? Or just take it back?

Anyone have any ideas?
Can you describe clunk rattle little more? If sound changed it could be U-joint, center bearing, propeller shaft. All those will have been affected by the TSB since their position would change.

Take a back and be polite....

EDIT: When was the last time you greased u-joints, shaft ?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
spikele's Tacoma Gallery
Greased my u-joints/shafts at 30,000 miles.

The clank/ rattle is coming from the right rear of the vehicle.