1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fixed Squeaky Leafs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by no_werries, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Jun 8, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    no_werries

no_werries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    Almost got in an accident yester day, had to swereve off the road into a farmers field, got some good air in the process just hoping over the ditch, ever since my leafs had been squeaky, soon realized that the jump had caused the springs to seperate in areas they never seperated befor, just took a crowbar and used it to slightly pry each spring apart from the other while I sprayed some rust check 3000 inbetween the springs and presto no more squeak, I know that squakey leafs are an on going issue for some people so I figured I'd post about this, its pretty straight forward on what to do but I can take pictures of process if people want it!

2. Jun 8, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB

Glad your ok!

and we won't tell anyone.... you know you were just doing doughnuts in the field and got busted..... "really officer, I had to swerve off the road and into the field to avoid that cow (that doesn't exist) and then there were these birds so I swerved again....... so you see it just looks like figure 8's all over his field..." :D

Products Discussed in

To Top