1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front end sag with bumper?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06redtacoma, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Jun 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    Right now i have a 2.5 inch front lift (its a spacer im to cheap to buy coil overs) i have a brush guard, sliders, 100 lbs plus of audio equipment in the cab. my question is if i remove the say 40 lbs brush guard and remove the sway bar (not sure this would actually remove much sprung weight) how much will an allpro "sheet metal style bumper" pull down the front end? without winch. i have a rear mounted winch hidden in the stock bumper and will hold off on the front winch for now until i stop being a cheap o and buy coil overs. thanks. and i did search as always.

2. Jun 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    you might sag +- an inch, probably not that much. Ive got an ARB on mine (doing the front part of my OME lift tomorrow) and I havent saged that much at all.

3. Jun 24, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    with stock suspention DO NOT remove the swaybar. If you do get an aftermerket bumper then you NEED aftermarket coilovers with a minimum spring rate of 650#. For you I would get 700# springs with all the extra weight you all ready have.

4. Jun 24, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    06redtacoma

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    im fine with where im at and even would take about 1/2 inch or so of sag would be alright but no more than that. how much does one of these bumpers weight?

5. Jun 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Do not remove the sway-bar while you still have the stock coilovers. Not only are you more likely to have a rollover, its not that heavy; I would guess no more then 35 lbs. Besides it seems a bit silly to be going to an aftermarket bumper with stock suspension.

6. Jun 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    06redtacoma

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    i don't really understand why that is silly? i like the ride and the flex is fine i remove the sway bar end link and zip tie it to itself when i get offroad, i am running 285s with a wheel spacer and have zero rub with the tires at full tuck full turn no sway bar (had to cut the body mount and weld in new). i just want a bumper to increase the approach angle and i think it looks good. also in the future when i do go to an aftermarket suspension i can add a winch to the front to match the back.

has anyone added a 100lbs bumper to the stock suspension?

7. Jun 24, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    you will be much happier if you just spend the money now for aftermarket coil overs.

8. Jun 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I'm gonna agree with the other guys, I'd definitely do aftermarket suspension to handle the extra weight properly. With my OME setup, I sag about 1/2"-1" with the bumper on vs off and thats with heavier rate springs.

9. Jun 27, 2010 at 2:09 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    The all pro front bumper weighs 88lbs i think thats what i remember when i got mine. I have that and a 12500 lbs winch up front and it doesnt seem to sag a bit. I have the heavier duty coils from toytec that you can get for like 100 bucks. I think those help alot.

Products Discussed in

To Top