Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME leaf pack extra spring- what shock?

Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
tomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
OME leaf pack extra spring- what shock?

I added an extra OME spring to my leaf pack in anticipation of a topper/rack, rear tire carrier bumper, etc, and the guys at the shop told me that the OME rear shocks that I have (matched to the Dakar pack) are too short and limit down travel- limiting the articulation pretty significantly. That will improve with the weight but it was limited before the added leaf. Anyone have experience with this setup? Different shock ideas?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Are they N182's?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Bump... I'm also curious because dakar / n182 was what I was going to go with. I thought the OME rear shocks had plenty of travel?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
They should. The N182 is the shock that is in all of the package deals for OME lifts.

See

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t180412.html

I think the OP's "guy" is full of BS
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The toytec site bundles the N182's for the rear with the Dakar pack , not sure they would sell it that way if they were not compatable . ( Dakar pack is under rear options )

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Edit : What Ben said ^^^^ LOL
Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #6

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The toytec site bundles the N182's for the rear with the Dakar pack , not sure they would sell it that way if they were not compatable . ( Dakar pack is under rear options )

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Edit : What Ben said ^^^^ LOL
Anywho, as Roy and I stated above the N182 IS the longer travel shock to be used for the Dakar pack. OP I am not sure what shock you currently have or are thinking of getting but the N182 is the match for the Dakar pack.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
tomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they are the n182's and I did question the "guy" but he seemed sure of himself even when I mentioned the n182 is what comes with the OME kit. The extra leaf really adds to the rake of the truck (I have 886's on my DC) but I think all the weight I'm adding to the rear will settle it some. I have never had any issues with the rear before.