Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Illumination wire on new HU

Old 06-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
Illumination wire on new HU

Installing anew HU, and the adapter kit from TacoTunes to install aftermarket HU to JBL system.
Anyways, there is an orange wire commingfrom the back of my JVC HU and there is no spare orange wire in the adapter to hook up to.
I read this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...tion-wire.html
And they were saying to tap into the orange wire that is being used on the adapter.
But that info is for a scosche kit
Old 06-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You don't have to use it. All it does is dim the face at night so it isn't so bright.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'll take that as a "It's a major PITA to hook up so fugg it".

Lol
Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
-Empty-
Just finished installing it and tuning the inputs...
When I first hooked it up the sound was really distorted at medium level.
Played around with the input adjustment on the "Black Box" adapter kit and I got it sounding great!
This head unit is really nice and you can change the color to match up nice with the amber in our trucks.
And my stock JBL speakers sound soooo much better. And my bass is definetly a lot better on the highs.
Overall I think it's the best 250 bucks I've spent on my truck, and had fun doin it.
Here's some really shitty pics at 10 o'clock at night with my phone...