Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brilliant !!! Satoshi Emblem Answer: Converted into Mod Write-Up W/ Pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
I F'd Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Looks great.....I am astonished that you got all those bolts to line up correctly so that none of the letters are crooked.
I Just Reread My Orig Post and Now Understand This Questions

I Have Made An Edit and Moved the "Cut Up The Letter" Procedure Down Three Procedures. Obviously Cutting the Letters Apart as the 1st Procedure, Really Would Make It A Tough Job to Keep All The Letters Straight.

This Should Alleviates Any Confusion.

Sorry
Old 06-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Do you live in P-town?
Had to Think About This One.

If That's Just A Question......
The Answer is No. I'm on the South Side of The Cape

If It Is Your Comment about My Post...........
I Have to Assume You Think My Truck Looks Gay

Have You Lived in P-Town?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
Rob H is on a distinguished road
Rob H's Tacoma Gallery
Truck definately doesn't look gay.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #24
Native Son

Subtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
Truck definately doesn't look gay.
Thanks. I Hadn't Even Given That Image A Thought.
Flashy, Gawdy, Outlandish, or Aggressive Looking Is Not My Style.
I've Been Aimin' To Keep It Subtle.
Subtle Passes Cruisers At 80, Invisible.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #25
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Had to Think About This One.

If That's Just A Question......
The Answer is No. I'm on the South Side of The Cape

If It Is Your Comment about My Post...........
I Have to Assume You Think My Truck Looks Gay

Have You Lived in P-Town?
hahaha No, your truck isn't gay, just messin' around.

My mom used to vacation on the Cape, she grew up in Worcester.

She used to tell me how P-town weirded her out.

But ya, your satoshi, emblem work, and truck look killer.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #26
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
OMG! That turned out super sweet! I love it! Great Job. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #27
Native Son

P-Town

Thanks for Clearin' That Up For Me.
So Then, You Were Actually Tryin' To Set Me Up for a "YES" Answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
hahaha No, just messin' around.
P-Town's At The End of the Earth, About 60 Miles from Me, Which in Time, Convert to:
1hr Travel in the Winter
3hrs Travel in the Summer (If You're Lucky, *%#~*#!&* Tourists)
It's Dead in the Winter (Frozen Sand, Narrow Empty Streets, Tight Knit Populous, A Few Restaurants)
It's Ah, Ah, Ah......... Different in the Summer (Breezy Beaches, Narrow Packed Streets, The World's Population is There, Plenty of Places to spend Money)
Everyone Should Visit Once, You'll See Sights, You'll See No Where Else.
I'm a Native, and Have Worked There a Few Times, and Gone With My Lady Who Used to Like to Shop The Boutiques for Unique Cloths. Glad She's Gotten Over That. SPENSIVE!!!
Anyway, Nothin' to Be Weirded Out About, Nobody Bothers You Down There, Unless You Go Lookin' To Get Bothered.

Glad You Liked The Truck, and Thanks for the Comments.
Enjoy Your Summer
Old 06-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #28
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Having your mods color coded really sets your truck apart from the others. I love it. Job well done!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #31
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
That looks good! I'm going to drive to you so you can do that for me.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #32
Native Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
That looks good! I'm going to drive to you so you can do that for me.
Sorry, I've Done My One! And It Took More Than Two Month To Complete and I Still Have Some Loose Ends. Got Some Small Bubbles Appearing In The Paint Where I Patched With Finishing Putty, and The Letters Will Be Getting Re-Painted, When I Have Time.
Don't Know What the Actual Man/Hours Would Be, a Couple Days Prob.
Lot A Waiting for Coats Or Glue To Dry, Lots Of Sanding.
Never Got It Perfect, If You See It Up Close

So Give It A Try, IT'S Not Rocket Surgery !
Take Your Time. Tend To Details
When Done, You'll Think "I Dun Good"
Think of The Increase In Self Esteem
The Swollen Head
The Women Fallin' All Over Your Truck
And Your Fellow TW Members Sayin' "What, Another One ?"

Do It
Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #33
Native Son

Not Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinTACO View Post
Anyone willing to do mine?
I got a white 05 taco. I really want this on mine also.
Ill pay too. But i live in socal fullerton! Let me know guys! Lol.
As Stated In The Post Before Yours, I Couldn't Find Time to Do My Own.
And I Wasn't Satisfied With My Work, So I Wouldn't Do Someone Else's
As Posted Above, It's Not "Rocket Surgery", Just Time consuming.
You Should Give It a Try. I'll Post Some Links Below. One's a Grill Service.
Try the Search Function.
As a Last Resort, Start a New Thread, Asking for Someone to Do It,
As This Thread is a Bit Old and Not Being Hit Much.
This Thread Covered Only The "Separate Letters Emblem" for The Grill,
As The Grill Production Was Pretty Well Covered In Other Threads.
There's a Lot of Variations. Buy a Cheap Grill & Work On It While Leaving Stock Grill On.
Make Sure You Keep Us All Posted as to Your Progress and Post Pics When Complete.
Good Luck

How To Links:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...e-service.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ow-w-pics.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-write-up.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-write-up.html

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...=satoshi+grill

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

Cheap Unpainted Grill Link:

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200..._assembly.html

Purchased Mine, color Matched, Here:

http://www.wotm.com/oemtocomafrg.html

or Try eBay
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #35
blackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
blackwidow2009's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted in "Show Us Your Grill", Found Here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ur-grills.html

Page 7, Post #122. I Edited It Too Many times

What You See, is Not What You Get....................Off The Shelf.

OEM TOYOTA Emblem, Radiator/Grill - Toyota Part 75311-90K00 (1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem) from Toyota Parts Zone.com
$41.49 Shipped a month or two ago. Found Here:

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/1986/...ame-plate.html

Been trying to find time to post pics and a write up.

Short Story ?: Emblem = 1 Piece

EDIT: Moved "Cut Letters Apart" Procedure, Down Three Procedures
Sorry, Just Answered a Question About Letters Not Being Crooked.
Now I Know Why He Asked

Fill Voids in Back of Emblem Letters (Flush) with Epoxy.

Mark Letter Backs while Taped in Position on Mesh
(Leave the Painters Tape Outline in Place and Somehow Mark the Mesh Holes where the Screws Go.
I Marked around Each Hole with Black Magic Marker, It Showed Up a Deep Blue/Purple around each Hole when Mounting )

Drill (On Press with Depth Stop) and Tap (with Bottoming Tap) for 4-40 Stainless Steel Screws. Three Screws each Letter, Four in "O's".

Cut Letters Apart, Cut Out Centers of "O's" and Triangle in "A". File Edges to Match Bevel, and Sand.

Sand, Spray Prime, Spray Paint Black, Couple Coats. (I Also Sanded, Primed, Painted, and Seal Coated Backs of Letters)

DO NOT DO THIS: BRUSH Paint Silver Outline With Small Brush (It's Taking to Long, Rushing, Patience is a Virtue) Doh!

Do This Instead: Tediously Tape Off to Spray Paint Silver Outline (Just the Rabbited Step)

Spray Seal Coat X 3 or more

Screw to Grill Mesh from Behind as follows (from Screw Head)

Screw Head / #4 SS Lock Washer / #4 SS Washer / #6 Plastic Washer / Mesh / #00 Rubber Faucet Washer / Letter - Don't Over Torque

That's the Short Story, Hope I Didn't Miss Anything

BTW I Don't Take Credit for the Separated Letters TOYOTA Emblem, This is a variation of Similar I've Seen on TW. "Search". I'd have to go back and find the member(s) that are due the credit. I Will If I get around to a Write Up

TIME, Our Most Precious Commodity.

Yeah, I Know. Maybe Shoulda Cured the Epoxy Longer.
It Appears to Have Lost It's Bond Around the Drill Hole
(Happened While Being Drilled. Tapping Didn't Improve It!)
It's The Reason I Sealed the Backs. More Sanding on Back Mighta Helped
I've only gone 100 Miles or So, But They Haven't Loosened At All

Sorry, No close-Ups allowed

bumb
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #36
mandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud of

mandzach's Tacoma Gallery
Great job!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #38
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
just noticed whats different about your satoshi (besides the emblem...)

you did it color matched instead of black.. looks great!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #39
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that looks good!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #40
blackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
blackwidow2009's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Cape Codder;1985075]Huh? I Think I Lost Something In The Translation

nope...you did'nt lose anything in the translation...I said "bump"....and I'm a retarted dork!!!! lol I saw your post and wanted to write something real quick (because it was faster) to subscribe to it, so I can always come back to it to see what else is writen; and like a dork I thought about the word "bump"...haha I'm bumping someone elses post..!!! LOL

Products Discussed in this Thread