Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brilliant !!! Satoshi Emblem Answer: Converted into Mod Write-Up W/ Pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #41
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
just noticed whats different about your satoshi (besides the emblem...)
you did it color matched instead of black.. looks great!
That's Part Of Trying To Keep The Overall Look, Subtle. The Less Noticed, The Better.
Someone Else Posted a Similar Comment About It.
I Wrote Up the Emblem Details, But Included Nothing About the Satoshi, As It Had Been Well Covered In Other Threads.
Again, I Can't Take Credit, As I'd Seen A White Grill on TW Color Matched Instead of Black.
In Addition to Color Matching The Surround, I Cut Out the Two Small Triangles and Color Matched the Trim And Installed The Same Mesh.
Have to Do The Lower Grill and Scoop, When time Permits.
Going to Link to Some More Pictures Below.
Glad You Like It, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Damn, that looks good!!!
Thanks, I'm Both Pleased and Surprised It Came Out as Good As It Did

[quote=blackwidow2009;1988466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Huh? I Think I Lost Something In The Translation

nope...you did'nt lose anything in the translation...I said "bump"....and I'm a retarted dork!!!! lol I saw your post and wanted to write something real quick (because it was faster) to subscribe to it, so I can always come back to it to see what else is writen; and like a dork I thought about the word "bump"...haha I'm bumping someone elses post..!!! LOL
Ya Know, I Thought That Might Have Been The Case, After I Was Done Posting.
Guess I Was A Little Quick With My Comment

Thanks for All The Positive Comments

I Slipped Off The Highway Onto a High Line Right of Way, Early Last Sunday Morning. 1st Time Off Road.
Wanted to Take Some "Glamor Shots" of My AVID Light Bar, To Send to Brandon @ AVID OffRoad,
and to Post In The "Show off your Avid Off Road bar" Thread.
Posted in the "Show Off Your Access Cab" Also
Some of Them Are Specifically the Light Bar and Grill.
Others, Shots of the Truck, But They All Came Out Pretty Good.
Rather Than Post Them Here, Again, I'll
Link to The Threads, and To My Gallery Where There's More, For Anyone Interested.

Show Off Your AVID Off Road Bar (15 Pics):
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1978200

Show Off Your Access Cab:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1976943

My Gallery:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s.../31714/cat/500

Couple of Examples:

Old 07-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #42
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery
so you use a tap to put threads in the epoxy?
If so,how tight did you tighten the screws that hold each letter?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #43
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not Too Tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiser5150 View Post
so you use a tap to put threads in the epoxy?
If so,how tight did you tighten the screws that hold each letter?
Apologies for the Delayed Response, Been In Crisis Management Mode for a Few Days.
I Can't Give You an Inch Pounds or Foot Pounds Number for How Tight. I Just Snugged Them.
The Letters are Approximately 3/16" Thick, Including the Epoxy.
The Screw Penetrates the Epoxy and Into the Plastic of the Letter.
I Drilled the Letters On a Drill Press, With a Travel Stop, As Deep Is I Could Without Penetrating the Letter's Surface.
I Used a 4-40 Bottoming Tap, To Thread To the Bottom of The Hole, Again Without Penetrating.
4-40 Screws Have 40 Threads Per Inch, Therefore I Was Able to Get About Six Threads in Each Hole.
Because I Used #00 Faucet Washers Between The Letters and The Grill Mesh, There Is a Compression Factor.
Behind The Mesh Is a Plastic Washer, SS Flat Washer, and a SS "Lock Washer" and The Screw Head (In That Order).
I Started With a Long Screw, and Cut It With A Screw Cutter, Repeatedly, Until It Was the Correct Length to Snug.
If It Got Snug and Hadn't Compressed The "Lock Washer", I Cut Off a Little More Thread.
Got the 1st Screw to the Right Length and Cut the Rest to Match
I Turned The Screws, With a Small Screw Driver, Just Enough To Compress The "Lock Washer".
That Should Keep The Screws From Backing Out. None Have Loosened Yet.
Hope That Clarifies The "Torque Value".
Old 07-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #44
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery

thanks for the info.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #45
Hell Boy
Red Tacos will become famous soon enough
Navy: AMec
Name: Chad
Red Tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Any info on a website to get the mesh material for a low low price would be helpful, searched around and i wanna get some other sites before i buy
Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #46
NorCal Member
macadocious is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
macadocious's Tacoma Gallery
great job man...very clean
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #47
Native Son

How Low Can You Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tacos View Post
Any info on a website to get the mesh material for a low low price would be helpful, searched around and i wanna get some other sites before i buy
Thanks
Found None for a Low, Low Price. I Bought Here:
http://www.customcargrills.com/index.asp

Used the Zig-Zag Oval:
http://customcargrills.com/products.asp?cat=44

Some Have Bought Storm Door Mesh @ Lowe's or Home Depot.

Someone Here Cut Up a Patio Table Recently, Came Out Nice, Link Here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-satoshi.html

CloseUp Sample Of Mine:
Old 08-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #49
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
How much to do me one just like this? ;-)
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #50
Native Son

Time: Our Most Precious Commodity

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNROBERTS View Post
How much to do me one just like this? ;-)
Luv To, But..............
This One Took Me a Couple Months, When Time Permitted.
Still Want to Do the Scoop Mesh, and I Have a Couple Things to Re-Do,
'cause I Got Impatient and Rushed It at the End.
Not Happy With the Workmanship
It's Worth The "Did It Myself" Satisfaction, If You Have the Time.
Give It a Shot
Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #51
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
That, my friend...is one professional looking mod.

Very well executed indeed.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #53
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get that sweet TRD Sport decal on your hood scoop?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #55
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
As Stated In the Post Before Yours:
Not Happy With the Workmanship.
I'm NOT Payin' Me
Words of a true perfectionist.

I too have this problem...it's an incurable disease.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #57
ggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to beholdggreen is a splendid one to behold

ggreen's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking grille and Toyota emblem! I was wondering what tool you used to remove the material in the middle of the O's and the A. The A in particular looks like it would be very difficult.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #58
JoshR324 is on a distinguished road
JoshR324's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo nice
Old 08-13-2010, 12:59 AM   #59
efmugen will become famous soon enough

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
gj!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #60
Native Son

Back to Earth............

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen View Post
Great looking grille and Toyota emblem!
I was wondering what tool you used to remove the material in the middle of the O's and the A.
The A in particular looks like it would be very difficult.
Thank You

For The Letter “O”, I Drilled an 1/8” Hole Dead Center
Then Opened It Up With a UniBit (Step Bit), as Large as Possible.
Finally, a Dremel With a Small Sanding Drum and a Small Rat Tail File for Finishing.
Ran Some Sand Paper Around the Interior to Smooth for Paint.

For the Letter “A”, I Drilled Three 1/16” Holes Near Each Point.
Cut Between the Holes (Carefully) With a Utility Knife.
Then I Filed to the Points with a Small Wedge Shaped Jeweler's File I Had.

None of It Was to Tuff, Just Time Consuming (the alternative to screwin’ it up).
I Think The Finished Product Was Worth The Effort, Though Few See It Up Close.
Give It a Shot and Post the Pics When Done. We’d Like to See ‘em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR324 View Post
Sooo nice
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by efmugen View Post
gj!
ty

cc

Products Discussed in this Thread