Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brilliant !!! Satoshi Emblem Answer: Converted into Mod Write-Up W/ Pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #101
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
dammm 240 for only the bpdywork bondo???
Old 03-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #102
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
Nope, didn't use bondo
Plastic fillers, epoxy and finishing putty
240 grit smoothed it out nicely
"600 Pre-paint" = I sanded all surfaces with 600 grit before applying any paint

CC
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #103
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
no homo but your front end gives me wood. its beauty is second only to boobs.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #104
anthojoe has a spectacular aura aboutanthojoe has a spectacular aura aboutanthojoe has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: Lieutenant Junior Grade, CG TACLET PACAREA, LEDET OIC
Name: Joe
anthojoe's Tacoma Gallery
fantastic job that looks amazing
Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #105
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
no homo but your front end gives me wood. its beauty is second only to boobs.
You have such a way with words, Mr G.
Cajun Blood maybe?
Thanks........I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthojoe View Post
fantastic job that looks amazing
Thanks. A lot of time spent, but happy with the outcome.

BTW: Just an observation.
U joined in 2009, have a 2009, 27 posts, 1 fill-up.
U must be working too much.
You've gotta come around more.

Dabbling with Lights now, gotta take some pics with better lighting.

CC
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #106
anthojoe has a spectacular aura aboutanthojoe has a spectacular aura aboutanthojoe has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: Lieutenant Junior Grade, CG TACLET PACAREA, LEDET OIC
Name: Joe
anthojoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
You have such a way with words, Mr G.
Cajun Blood maybe?
Thanks........I think

Thanks. A lot of time spent, but happy with the outcome.

BTW: Just an observation.
U joined in 2009, have a 2009, 27 posts, 1 fill-up.
U must be working too much.
You've gotta come around more.
This is true. When I joined I wasn't in a position to put any money into my Tacoma as I was making very little as an E-3. Got selected for OCS, and finally now able to afford dumping some money into my truck.

When I first registered on this site I would spend hours looking at everyone's trucks and how bad ass they looked compared to my stocker, and it made me sad. Hahaha. So I didn't come around very often.

But I've got the mod bug and am halfway through getting my truck where I want it to be. You'll be seeing quite a bit more of me from here on out!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #107
Native Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthojoe View Post
This is true. When I joined I wasn't in a position to put any money into my Tacoma as I was making very little as an E-3. Got selected for OCS, and finally now able to afford dumping some money into my truck.

When I first registered on this site I would spend hours looking at everyone's trucks and how bad ass they looked compared to my stocker, and it made me sad. Hahaha. So I didn't come around very often.

But I've got the mod bug and am halfway through getting my truck where I want it to be. You'll be seeing quite a bit more of me from here on out!
I hear Ya, Been There, Done That !
Welcome back and enjoy the Moddin'
We'll be expecting Pictures

CC
Old 05-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #108
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Had to bring this back to life!!

Your satoshi looks amazing and the lights behind the satoshi make it look even better! SWEET JOB!! Before I was a little hesitant on adding the "TOYOTA" letters but this write up changes everything!

I would also assume, the tools used to cut out the letters mentioned before, were the same ones used to cut out the 2 small triangle OEM plastic pieces before you added the mesh? If not, then what did you use? Thats basically the only thing I didnt see answered in your thread.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #110
Native Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Your satoshi looks amazing and the lights behind the satoshi make it look even better! SWEET JOB!! Before I was a little hesitant on adding the "TOYOTA" letters but this write up changes everything!

I would also assume, the tools used to cut out the letters mentioned before, were the same ones used to cut out the 2 small triangle OEM plastic pieces before you added the mesh? If not, then what did you use? Thats basically the only thing I didnt see answered in your thread.
Thanks
Sorry, been busy and haven't been on Site in a while.
Tools: Dremel, Utility Knife, Small Files, Patience.
Think I addressed that earlier.
Triangles were a PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Looking good man!!!
Thanks, no farther progress, haven't touch it in months.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #111
CherryTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Lane
CherryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any link to how you did your Satoshi grille?? Looking to do something similar.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #112
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
To hell with the grill! All eyes will be on the "Tail" gate!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #113
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
A little epoxy and a lot of sanding. Cable ties hold the mesh in from behind. FJ emblem, complements of ebay. BAM!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #114
Native Son

I can do this, without being sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTaco View Post
Any link to how you did your Satoshi grille?? Looking to do something similar.
Thanks
As I posted earlier, this thread is about the Emblem.
I didn't bother doing a write-up on the grill,
as numerous others have done excellent "How To" threads.
I followed Klipp11's found Here along with others
You can also look at Post #33 of this thread for a list of Links.
Some are How To's, Some are where to purchase.
You might also try the "Search Function"
Or try reading, instead of just lookin' at the pretty pictures!
Damn, I guess I couldn't

CC
Old 09-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #115
utmck is on a distinguished road
utmck's Tacoma Gallery
So how is the emblem holding up now that it has been over a year? Would you do it different if you did it over again?

Great job by the way!

Chuck
Old 09-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #116
@EastCoast
Qdiz is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Q
Qdiz's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job on all the stuff you made on your truck. I will shamelessly copy the emblem work... Looks really awesome!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #117
Native Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmck View Post
So how is the emblem holding up now that it has been over a year? Would you do it different if you did it over again?

Great job by the way!

Chuck
Still like day one.
None of the screws have loosened.
Still can't move the letters from the front.
Paint's held up fine.
But to qualify the answer,
I have less than 7000 miles on the truck.
And probably only 5000 miles with the letters mounted.
I also haven't been off road.
But I think they'd hold up under any conditions
Only thing I'd do different would be to paint the letter's outline with a paint pen,
as I mentioned in the beginning of the thread
And thanks for the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiz View Post
Awesome job on all the stuff you made on your truck. I will shamelessly copy the emblem work... Looks really awesome!!!!
Thanks, Glad you like it enough to copy it, Feel Free.
That's why I did the write up.
Post some pics when it's done

CC
Old 09-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #118
Nice job

Nice work Cape Codder! BTW I love the east coast.

Products Discussed in this Thread