Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #161
mara is on a distinguished road

Name: TacoMara
mara's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #163
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia taco
I have been browsing the forums looking to mount some lights behind my grillcraft and getting a landcruiser logo.
I came across a picture of your truck and its exactly what I am looking for.
Question is what kind of lights are you running?
Did you use the bamf light mount?
and where did you get your logo.

thankyou

sick truck btw
Hella 500's with smoked lenses to match Hella 700 Black Magic which will end up behind the grill,
The 500's will relocate below to the Light bar.
500's currently mounted on the BAMF light bar, but by the original manufacturer.
Toyota emblem info is in the Link in my Sig.
Don't forget to relocate your horns. Link also in Sig

CC
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #165
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Seen this mentioned and just never looked. Very close to what I am looking to do. Clean job. Hopefully my attention to detail will be as good as yours. Since Craig isn't doing any grilles for 2012 anytime soon, I'm considering a Grillcraft and this emblem.
My apologies, I saw your post and meant to reply, but lost track.
It's easy enough to do, just time consuming.
Just take your time and it will work out fine.
Someone on here with a White '12 or '13 Tacoma has done it, looked good.
If I run across the pic I saw, I'll post it or link to it.
Good luck with the grill, look forward to seeing pics

CC
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #166
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
My apologies, I saw your post and meant to reply, but lost track.
It's easy enough to do, just time consuming.
Just take your time and it will work out fine.
Someone on here with a White '12 or '13 Tacoma has done it, looked good.
If I run across the pic I saw, I'll post it or link to it.
Good luck with the grill, look forward to seeing pics

CC
NP. This ended up a disaster. I don't have the attention to detail for this. LOL. Went another route. Not exactly what I hoped for, but will have to be good enough for my expertise.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #167
Native Son

Quote:
NP. This ended up a disaster. I don't have the attention to detail for this. LOL. Went another route. Not exactly what I hoped for, but will have to be good enough for my expertise.
IDK, I looked at your build and the Grill in the pics towards the end looks great.
Think the "Tacoma" Emblem looks good. Like the color too.
BTW, great lookin' truck in general, nice job.
Link in my Sig to get your horns out of sight
Then get some Hi Temp Flat Black paint and lightly paint your Radiator

CC
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #168
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IDK, I looked at your build and the Grill in the pics towards the end looks great.
Think the "Tacoma" Emblem looks good. Like the color too.
BTW, great lookin' truck in general, nice job.
Link in my Sig to get your horns out of sight
Then get some Hi Temp Flat Black paint and lightly paint your Radiator

CC
Thanks! I'm happy with the other route. If time allows with the rest. Not so easy to come by anymore.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #169
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a way to do the Satoshi Grill but keep the chrome?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #170
whitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura aboutwhitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura about

whitetacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Subdd
Old 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #171
Native Son

Yup

Quote:
Thanks! I'm happy with the other route. If time allows with the rest. Not so easy to come by anymore.
I understand, Time's our most precious commodity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseit View Post
Is there a way to do the Satoshi Grill but keep the chrome?
You wouldn't touch the chrome making a Satoshi
Below is a Chrome Grill modified to be a Satoshi.
You cut out the center without touching the outer surface.
This is waiting for the mesh to be installed

This is mine during the process. The Blue is painters tape covering what would be your Chrome.

No one's gonna be able to tell you how to do it. Search (button @ top of page) & Read
You can start by browsing these threads:

HomerTaco's Satoshi 101

I loosely followed this one
Satoshi GrillCraft *How To* w/ pics (by Klipp11)

This would be one of the earliest writeups
'05+ Toyota Tacoma Satoshi Grill Mod Writeup (by Wyatt)

The Search Function is your friend and reading will educate you
Only way you'll get ALL the details
Be sure to post pics when it's done
Good Luck

CC
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #172
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
-snip-
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate the help.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #173
monkeypress503 is on a distinguished road
monkeypress503's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome what how you cut emblem like that
Old 08-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #174
Grey Headed Shop Teacher
DixonCreekDrifter is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: SRO before they had SROs
Name: Dixon
DixonCreekDrifter's Tacoma Gallery
need some advice

Great write up on mod. I have read several threads and now I feel confident that this can easily be done.

So here is the question. Does anyone have any experience with an Autodepo grill? Are they as good as the original factory grill? I would like to retain the factory grill untouched.

6/26/14 finally got the Autodepo grill converted to Satoshi style. The fit is not as good as the factory grill. I had a difficult time getting the bolts to attach to the lip to attach the grill. Finally used Epoxy, lots of epoxy after cleaning and scuffing the plastic.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #175
ajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
ajw1986's Tacoma Gallery
I will pay you to make one for me, homer is way too busy.. 9 month waiting list
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #176
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
WOW!!!! I'm sure you've heard it 100x , but GREAT work! Alot of time put into it and it shows! You have one Sharp Truck ,Congrats
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #177
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Bought the grille mesh from HomerTaco. Had it delivered right before my PCS move to Guam. All my boxes arrived along with my Bent in half mesh.......... Hey moving company.....
Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #178
1YOTA6
1YOTA6 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
1YOTA6's Tacoma Gallery
what is your ideas on just using 3M double sided tape to hold the emblems to the grill should work just as well....
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #179
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for future emblem & grille mod
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #180
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Products Discussed in this Thread