Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brilliant !!! Satoshi Emblem Answer: Converted into Mod Write-Up W/ Pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Brilliant !!! Satoshi Grill Emblem Answer: Converted into Mod Write-Up W/ Pics

EDIT: I've recently (12 Feb, 2011) completed a Satoshi Grill Horn Relocation Write-Up.
For aesthetics, you should relocate your horns if you do the Satoshi Mod.

Also added My Backspacing/Offset Drawings in the "Wheel & Tires" forum

And my only use for Plastidip, so far

TOYOTA EMBLEM - SEPARATED LETTERS:

Originally Posted in "Show Us Your Grill",
on Page 6, Post #116. I Edited It Too Many times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Where did you get the Toyota emblem? It is exactly what Ive been looking for.
What You See, is Not What You Get....................Off The Shelf.

OEM TOYOTA Emblem, Radiator/Grill - Toyota Part 75311-90K00 (1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem) from Toyota Parts Zone.com
Purchased 1 April 2010 for $41.49 Shipped. Found Here:

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/1986/...ame-plate.html

Been trying to find time to post pics and a write up.

Short Story ?: Emblem = 1 Piece

EDIT: Moved "Cut Letters Apart" Procedure, Down Three Procedures
Sorry, Just Answered a Question About Letters Not Being Crooked.
Now I Know Why He Asked

Fill Voids in Back of Emblem Letters (Flush) with Epoxy.

Mark Letter Backs while Taped in Position on Mesh
(Leave the Painters Tape Outline in Place and Somehow Mark the Mesh Holes where the Screws Go.
I Marked around Each Hole with Black Magic Marker, It Showed Up a Deep Blue/Purple around each Hole when Mounting )

Drill (On Press with Depth Stop) and Tap (with Bottoming Tap) for 4-40 Stainless Steel Screws. Three Screws each Letter, Four in "O's".

Cut Letters Apart, Cut Out Centers of "O's" and Triangle in "A". File Edges to Match Bevel, and Sand.

Sand, Spray Prime, Spray Paint Black, Couple Coats. (I Also Sanded, Primed, Painted, and Seal Coated Backs of Letters)

DO NOT DO THIS: BRUSH Paint Silver Outline With Small Brush (It's Taking to Long, Rushing, Patience is a Virtue) Doh!

Do This Instead: Tediously Tape Off to Spray Paint Silver Outline (Just the Rabbited Step)
EDIT: Or Use a Paint Pen

Spray Clear Coat X 3 or more

Screw to Grill Mesh from Behind as follows (from Screw Head)

Screw Head / #4 SS Lock Washer / #4 SS Washer / #6 Plastic Washer / Mesh / #00 Rubber Faucet Washer / Letter - Don't Over Torque

That's the Short Story, Hope I Didn't Miss Anything

BTW I Don't Take Credit for the Separated Letters TOYOTA Emblem, This is a variation of Similar I've Seen on TW. "Search". I'd have to go back and find the member(s) that are due the credit. I Will If I get around to a Write Up

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for your positive comments.
Hope your creativity has been unleashed
Don't forget to post pics of your grills when you get them done

TIME, Our Most Precious Commodity.

Final Product:

The Process:

Yeah, I Know. Maybe Shoulda Cured the Epoxy Longer.
It Appears to Have Lost It's Bond Around the Drill Hole
(Happened While Being Drilled. Tapping Didn't Improve It!)
It's The Reason I Sealed the Backs. More Sanding on Back Mighta Helped
I've only gone 100 Miles or So, But They Haven't Loosened At All

EDIT: Couple thousand miles now, with no loosening

Sorry, No close-Ups allowed

Thanks for lookin', hope it helps ya.
CC
Old 06-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
clean front end dude
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
awesome write up. looks sick!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great.....I am astonished that you got all those bolts to line up correctly so that none of the letters are crooked.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
TRDstrong is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
TRDstrong's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that looks sick ! ! I'm very impressed i just wonder if i could do something like that to my 2001 double cab
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Do you live in P-town?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Good job!! Looks great man!! I love the color-matched Avid light bar as well!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
very, very clean
Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
cool... I need to do something else with my emblem
Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #11
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow man that looks super sexy!!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #12
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
Without a doubt the most outstanding job I have ever seen posted. If you plan to open up your own Taco Mod Satoshi shop please let me know, I would be the first one in line to have you do it.

Also that looks like a "plastic dip" type mesh. Where did you get that? It is also outstanding.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:14 AM   #14
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post

By fan the nicest and cleanest Satoshi ive ever seen. Bravo
Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
clean front end dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
awesome write up. looks sick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Thats really clean work!Nice job
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Looks great.....I am astonished that you got all those bolts to line up correctly so that none of the letters are crooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDstrong View Post
Dude that looks sick ! ! I'm very impressed i just wonder if i could do something like that to my 2001 double cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Good job!! Looks great man!! I love the color-matched Avid light bar as well!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
very, very clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
cool... I need to do something else with my emblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2150 View Post
Oh wow man that looks super sexy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakVA View Post
Without a doubt the most outstanding job I have ever seen posted. If you plan to open up your own Taco Mod Satoshi shop please let me know, I would be the first one in line to have you do it.

Also that looks like a "plastic dip" type mesh. Where did you get that? It is also outstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyDashOne View Post
By fan the nicest and cleanest Satoshi ive ever seen. Bravo

Thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
Native Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakVA View Post

Mesh is 12" x 48" Oval - ZigZag Mesh - Powder Coated Gloss Black
Found Here:
http://customcargrills.com/products.asp?id=44
Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
Native Son

Quote:
UNCUT Emblem - Fill Back With Epoxy
Center & Tape To Grill Mesh As One Piece.
Mark Back of Letters With Awl for Hole Locations
Mark Each Hole In Mesh Being Used For Screw
Leave Tape On Mesh
THEN Cut & Process The Letters.
They Go Right Back Where The Marks in the Mesh Are
They'll Go Back As If Still One Piece
Quite Simple, Just Time Consuming
Old 06-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
UNCUT Emblem - Fill Back With Epoxy
Center & Tape To Grill Mesh As One Piece.
Mark Back of Letters With Awl for Hole Locations
Mark Each Hole In Mesh Being Used For Screw
Leave Tape On Mesh
THEN Cut & Process The Letters.
They Go Right Back Where The Marks in the Mesh Are
The Go Back As If Still Connected
Quite Simple, Just Time Consuming
Awesome.....also, I love that you titled your work "Brilliant" in the thread title....
Old 06-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
Native Son

Quote:
Awesome.....also, I love that you titled your work "Brilliant" in the thread title....
The "Brilliant" was Referring to Answering One of Those Questions to Which There Is No Short Answer, And Realizing, I'd Just Finished a "How To" Write Up With Pics and Then Posting It As The Write Up I Had Wanted To Do.

Products Discussed in this Thread