Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Lights w/ home made tie downs (alt mounting)

Old 06-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
APTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Lights w/ home made tie downs (alt mounting)

What do you guys think, I'm happy with them but just wanted some input and possibly more ideas cause I know you guys are full of them.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
looks clean. nice job
Old 06-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
how strong is it?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
APTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
how strong is it?
how strong are the lights or the mounting?
lights are very bright and helpful when camping at night/shore diving..
I can stand on the angle iron when its fastened down and it wont budge.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #6

APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
more pics
Old 06-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking job!!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
eodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud of
Navy: EOD
Name: Jerron
eodrunner's Tacoma Gallery
They have to be good for tailgaters at night too. I might have to do this
Old 06-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #10

APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks..I'm thinking about putting these one in.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...ing-light.html
Old 06-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #12

APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Did you bend the angle irons yourself or find them somewhere?? Is it switched only from the cab??
luckily we have about 100ft of that bent angle iron in our shop, and the lights can only be turned on from the cab...a hidden outside switch might be a good idea tho
Old 06-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by APTJ View Post
luckily we have about 100ft of that bent angle iron in our shop, and the lights can only be turned on from the cab...a hidden outside switch might be a good idea tho
Word....Nice work.

I might have to give that a shot...Sadly I don't have a shop...so I'll be bending it myself...and I think I'm going to mount the lights under instead of over.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #14

APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Word....Nice work.

I might have to give that a shot...Sadly I don't have a shop...so I'll be bending it myself...and I think I'm going to mount the lights under instead of over.
I also thought about mounting them under but i figured i wanted to get as much out of lights as possible, plus i found that light and blinker combo and thought that would look pretty cool
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #15
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man.

Quote:
Sadly I don't have a shop...so I'll be bending it myself...
Do you have an old bed frame stowed away somewhere? You could hack a couple sections out of one of those. I'm pretty sure you can get angle iron or angle aluminum at Lowes or Home Depot. Bending without a brake or press may be a PITA.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
Looks good man.

Do you have an old bed frame stowed away somewhere? You could hack a couple sections out of one of those. I'm pretty sure you can get angle iron or angle aluminum at Lowes or Home Depot. Bending without a brake or press may be a PITA.
Solid ideas- Thanks man!!

No bedframes, but I do have some ideas...and I do have access to a good auto shop on base that has a brake iirc.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Nice and Clean...I love it. Where you at in texas so you can do mine. j/k
Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #19

APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Truck View Post
Nice and Clean...I love it. Where you at in texas so you can do mine. j/k
I'm in houston have to travel at least 2 hours just to wheel it..haha

If I get unlazy I'll do a write up when my CB gets here, I'll have to wire that down the same path anyways..