Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fj Cruiser T-case into a 2nd gen Taco

Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Fj Cruiser T-case into a 2nd gen Taco

I've gotten tired of the electronic crap T case that these trucks come with so I've swapped an FJ Cruiser case in my '05 Taco. Made everything seamless. Even the indicator lights on the dash work properly. Follow along with the swap.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
looking really good bro...nice job...

I really wish our 2nd gen tacos came with a manual transfer case like the FJ's...argh
Old 06-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post

I really wish our 2nd gen tacos came with a manual transfer case like the FJ's...argh

Thanks Man. Yeah, I dont know why they didn't come with manual t case's. Stupid I think. But then again, half the people who buy they 4wd version will never use it at all. Never!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
so if you order the manual t case off rst the one marlin makes. gear driven lefty, it replaces the stock gear driven t case and u dont need t aco box right? i notice u have two t case knobs?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hilux!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
Thanks Man. Yeah, I dont know why they didn't come with manual t case's. Stupid I think. But then again, half the people who buy they 4wd version will never use it at all. Never!
so true...cause they are PANZIES...rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
so if you order the manual t case off rst the one marlin makes. gear driven lefty, it replaces the stock gear driven t case and u dont need t aco box right? i notice u have two t case knobs?
the knob closest to the HU is for the marlin crawler and the knob closest to center console is for the transfer case (4x2, 4x4 hi, and 4x4 low settings)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Hilux!
if you could actually get it registered...but I honestly don't like the front end of those things...looks FUGLY...
Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Very nice setup! Really pro install!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you could actually get it registered...but I honestly don't like the front end of those things...looks FUGLY...
Just talking about getting the tc from a hilux. i agree, they look funky. Only time they look cool is when http://www.arctictrucks.com/?PageID=1281 has their way with them.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Just talking about getting the tc from a hilux. i agree, they look funky. Only time they look cool is when http://www.arctictrucks.com/?PageID=1281 has their way with them.
That, and also District 9

Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
Thats true. If you get the lefty, you don't have to have a crawler box also. The crawler box will however give you more gear selections.

I have two shift knobs because I have a crawler box and a manual shift FJ Cruiser transfer case.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #14
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hilux!

Can't buy them legally here!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #15
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Very nice setup! Really pro install!

Thanks man.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #16
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've gotten tired of the electronic crap T case that these trucks come with so I've swapped an FJ Cruiser case in my '05 Taco. Made everything seamless. Even the indicator lights on the dash work properly. Follow along with the swap.

Very nice
Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so true. Everyone here (where I live) that has a 4x4 never use it, and when I come back from offroading they all look at me weird. Also the guy I got my truck from never used 4 wheel drive for the 2 year he owned it!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Here is the problem with that. The hilux t-case is a forward shift case that shifts through the back of the transmission housing. We use a top shift transfer case. Won't work!

Check this thread out to see what a pain it is.
http://www.rocksolidtoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264
Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #19
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Very nice
Thank you very much.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
so true. Everyone here (where I live) that has a 4x4 never use it, and when I come back from offroading they all look at me weird. Also the guy I got my truck from never used 4 wheel drive for the 2 year he owned it!

Yep! The guy I sold my old Taco to wanted to take the 4wd out of it. I told him he shouldn't buy my truck then. He wanted it anyway. Now it just carries surf boards.