1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spal Cooling fan install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lncgnzls100, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jun 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    lncgnzls100

lncgnzls100 [OP] Member

Member:
    North Texas
    front and rear sway bar, volant CAI w/ Ram Air, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, HID kit, Mobil 1 Sync oil, Lucas Syn Diff Lube
    Looking for anyone who has installed a spal cooling fan on a 2nd gen tacoma. Should I use the programmable unit or the temp sensor that is purchased seperately? I purchased a 16inch model rated at over 3200CFM and would like to install to help bat the texas heat. What is the factory thermostat rated at? Does anyoine know where I should mount the temp sensor? Should i buy a sendor that mounts inside the radiator fins like autozone sells??? I am hesitant to drill a hole for it if there is a better solution. any help would be appreciated:D

2. Jun 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    blt4bja

blt4bja Member

Member:
    So cal
    Vehicle:
    05 trd
    Your texas heat can't be any worse than Palm Springs heat! maybe more humidity. does your truck run hot? I went the Spal 3200 cfm fan route on my Jeep Wrangler a few years ago when I put a LT1 in it. Let's say that I had to go to a lot of work to get it right, including moving my motor back three inches so I could put a mechanical fan in, witch by the way moves 10,000- 12,000 CFM. I learn'd a big lesson, its all about CFM and electric does not come close to mech.
    That being said if you are looking to add it as a pusher in front of your radiator and leave the stock fan to add more cooling than I would think something else is wrong. Also that fan is LOUD!

Products Discussed in

To Top