Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

stupid questions

Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
GreenMeanie is on a distinguished road

GreenMeanie's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb stupid questions

Hey all, just signed up today here, so far its lookin pretty cool... so I have a couple questions....

my drive belt, it started makin noise the other day, so I figured I'd tighten it up a bit... but where do I tighten it? I didn't notice any adjusters when i glanced under the hood.. any help would be appreciated...

2nd question, does a 2005 have a MAP sensor? Manifold Air Pressure sensor?

thanks in advance...

KD

and this thing is pingin too, even with 91oct... maybe I need new plugs er something. its got 62k miles... ??? bought it used at 30k.. probably still the originals... ??
Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
1. Serpentine belts are auto-tensioned. If it's slipping, replace it. New ones are cheap and it'll take 5 minutes.

2. Most likely. Get yourself a ScanGauge and you'll be able to see all kinds of neat stuff coming from the truck's computer.

3. Pinging or ticking? The ticking (you'll even hear it at idle) is expected on the 05+ v6 engines. Don't sweat it.

Welcome to the site!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #3

thanks for info!! i'll get a new belt asap...

its definately pinging..
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Meanie....My thoughts as well,replace the belt and you've got the "Tacoma tick"....It's what they do.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
There is a MAP sensor in the intake (Be CAREFUL if you get a K&N filter) but as far as I know the information from it is invisible to the scangauge.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #6

I was looking in the Repair Manual, and can't find anything on the MAP sensor, I am trying to find it so I can tap into the wiring... any ideas?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
There is a MAP sensor in the intake (Be CAREFUL if you get a K&N filter) but as far as I know the information from it is invisible to the scangauge.
Since this is a "stupid questions" thread I figure I'll blend right in.

I thought what's on the intake is the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. That's not the same as the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor, right?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Since this is a "stupid questions" thread I figure I'll blend right in.

I thought what's on the intake is the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. That's not the same as the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor, right?
Doh!
I stand corrected. !@#$ acronyms.

Sorry about that
Old 06-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #9

ok.. got it.. I found the MAF.. and have figured out how to tap it.. I was hoping there wasn't another MAP sensor too... Thanks!!

later

KD