1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTF?? Ordered Tacoma in Feb, still no truck! Help?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dan_K, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    Dan_K

Dan_K [OP] Member

Member:
    Crete, Illinois
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    TRD Exhaust
    Ok, So I put a deposit down on a Tacoma I was looking for back in February.

These are the options I was after.

(7593) Tacoma Double Cab V6 (6-speed Manual Transmission)
    Timberland Mica exterior with Grey interior

(OF) Off-Road Package with JBL Audio System
    (TO) Towing Package
    (RL) Daytime Running Lights
    (37) TRD Exhaust

Well after a couple months I was told there were no more 2010’s being made because of the plant moving, but if I was willing to wait the 2011’s would be available soon.
    I said fine. That is the truck I want, and can wait another couple months for it.

I called my salesman in July to find out the status and was told that they haven’t made any Tacomas with the 6-speen Manuals yet, and were going to start production of them in Mid-August.

I called in late August and was told they would be checking with their Regional Manager who placed the order to find the status.

I didn’t hear back, so I called again and was told that they only made one (7593) 6-Speed Manual DC Tacoma and they couldn’t equip it with the (OF) package and it was sent to Washington State.
    Then he told me they weren’t making any more 6-speed Tacoma’s for the 2011 model year….

Also said that they can’t place an order direct from the factory.
    Rather they are limited to what shows up at the port, and then they can request it be shipped to them rather than another dealer…

I checked online today, and found numerous (7593) 6-Speed DC trucks in other area’s of the country in Dealers inventory. I even called to verify with them that they were 7593’s, and not misrepresented on their website.

According to Toyota’s Website the options I selected are available on 2011 Tacoma’s.

I called their 800 Customer Service number and they said if it’s listed on the site, then it can be build.
    They said I could lodge a complaint with them, but offered no more help than that.

I don’t understand why these options can’t be sent to the factory so they know what truck to build…:confused:

I’m not after a complaint. I just want the Tacoma with the options I ordered

I don’t know where to go from here.

Asking for any help, or anyone to contact since my Dealer doesn’t seem to care.

BTW, I went to three other dealers and none were willing to even place an order, or even search for a truck.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan Kalvig
    dankalvig@gmail.com

2. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    That sounds like some piss poor customer service. Sorry to hear that it sounds like your only option would be to settle for a different color or a sport possibly,but it sounds like your dead set on that truck.Id be fuming

3. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    gunner_20

gunner_20 .....

Member:
    Nixa, MO
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4
    So none of the dealers will look around and have a truck shipped to their dealership? Sounds like they dont want to sale a truck very bad. what idiots

4. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I'd get the deposit back! How can they hold your money on a truck they claim can't be built? Dig in your heels a little with customer service, if you get testy with them they tend to be more helpful.

5. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    hansonian

hansonian swims with fishes

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab PreRunner SR5
    Stock
    Sounds like they're stringing you along hoping you'll just buy one off the lot. I'd head down there and raise some hell, tell em to order your truck the way you want to or get your money back. I'm sure there's another dealer near you who'd love your business if this one doesn't.

Good luck

6. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I feel your pain man. It took me forever to find a DC off road with the manual transmission. I was looking in August of 09 and nobody had any 09's left so I gave up. They only wanted to sell me what was on their lots so I told them to shove it. Then one day I was cruisin the dealers inventories and found one in a 2010 model. I called the dealership and it had been dropped off on the delivery truck the night before. I was there the next morning purchasing it.

7. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    If that's the way your dealership is treating you now, just think how it's gonna be after you buy a truck from them. I'd say screw em...get your money back and shop elsewhere!!

8. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors

x100000000 Get your deposit back and put it in the bank. Unless of coarse the stealer is giving you intrest? Most stealers are to F#%king lazy to order anything. Hell they don't even want to work with you to buy the truck.

9. Sep 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    GEt your deposit back and go buy a 6.2L Ford Raptor.

10. Sep 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    This is just my opinion, but it is years of experience talking:

Don't go in and tell they that you need this truck .... it what you have always wanted and you won't settle on anythinbg else. Because if that is the case the ball is in their court because they know that you have your heart set on this and you will wait until hell freezes over to get it .... but you have pretty much told them that.

Go back, let them know in a very calm and professional manner .... (they don't know how to handle calm .... if you rant and rave they say that you are out-of-control and won't work with you) , tell them that if they can't deliver you would like you deposit back and you will shop elsewhere.

Oh, also tell them that if they treat you right you will tell 20 people .... if they don't treat you right you will tell 40 people .... that gets their attention.

Best of luck.

11. Sep 20, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    most dealers have web site's that list what trucks they have available
    even the ones that are located elsewhere untill they can get them moved to the lot.

example - i wanted a cheap, manual, blue subaru impreza for work.
    found one on only one dealers web site, so went that dealer.
    started nogoations, explained what i was looking for,
    of coarse he stated they didnt have any. asked him to go check their inventory
    and behold they had one, but they had to get it from where ever the cars
    are stored before they make it to the lot.

determine how far you are willing to go and search all of those dealers websites
    weekly for new inventory, you may get lucky.

12. Sep 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    Go on the internet and go to Kelly's or Edmunds and use their search engines to put in a request. Put in what you want and you will have dealerships all over trying to sell you a truck. You may have to drive somewhere but you will get what you want, or close to it.

13. Sep 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    K Williams

K Williams Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road V6 MT
    Banks Monster Exhaust URD Stage II Clutch
    Mine took 3 months, 3 days to be delivered...and many months before that to find a Toyota dealership that would sell me one with all the options I wanted(three of which weren't installed on the truck...).

14. Sep 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    toytacoma22

toytacoma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    COS
    3" Icon Lift, TC UCA, OME Dakars, Allpro front and rear bumpers.
    Honestly you can have your truck built however you want it. I had to special order my truck because of the options I wanted and was told I would have to wait for three months to get it. My Dad's 4runner sport was the same case he wanted certain options and they did not build them with those options so it was a special order vehicle. Sounds to me like they are just jerking you around. I would leave that dealership and go somewhere else. Just my 2 cents.

15. Sep 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    ScubaCougr

ScubaCougr Active Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRrunner
    nerf bars
    The magic words are "dealer trade". A dealer who wants your business will get one shipped in or trade with another dealer. I would expect a couple weeks at most to get this done.

If those words don't move their arse, I third the suggestion to use the words "deposit refund" then sit there until they cough it up. Be polite but firm.

16. Sep 20, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    x2!!! Some dealers are just more hungry than others. I would've got my deposit back and moved on to another Toyota dealer. There's got to be another one in a town nearby.

17. Sep 20, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    I was dead set on a 2010 timberline mica sport dcab short bed. The dealer had none on their lot. They kept trying to get me to buy the same configuration in a different color cause the timberline was a rarer color. I constantly said no I want what I want. After a few days of searching they found one a few states away and shipped it up here for me. I think if they really wanted to help u out they would find a way

18. Sep 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    If your a AAA member you might have them try to find you the truck. My dad wanted a certain Subaru a few years back which the dealer here couldn't find. He talked to AAA and a week or two later they found the car he wanted at a dealership on the other side of the state and had it shipped here.

19. Sep 20, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    I would get my money back and call around see who can get you the truck
    Don't give in

20. Sep 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    I waited 3 month for mine. Get your local news guy who does stories on this stuff. Go in and get your deposit back.

Products Discussed in

To Top