1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Budbuilt skid plate help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aarwolf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    aarwolf

aarwolf [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Kingsport, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Off-Road
    Avid sliders, Avid light bar, OEM rack, Undercover Tonneau cover, TRD seat covers and seat belt covers, Husky floor mats, BudBuilt skids, Optima Red Top, AFE ProDry air filter.
    So I just got my 4 piece budbuilt skids and crossmember from Fed Ex today. No instructions and I think missing pieces. Bud is out of town for the week and I need to get them on my truck before the weekend. If anyone has recently installed a set for a 2005+ please help. The online instructions say to remove the second crossmember from the transmission and reinstall the new one. 2 problems. 1) It doesn't look like the new crossmember actually replaces the OEM and there are no bolt holes. 2) In the website pics, there appears to be another spacer type bar that goes in the middle of the rear plate and the instructions discuss some allen type screws...none of which came with my set. I haven't rerouted my exhaust and will have to drop the last plate down so this may be my problem. Any advise and/or pics would be great. I plan to paint and attempt to put up the sliders and crossmember tomorrow and don't want to wait until Bud is back. I have a wheeling trip planned this weekend 10/22. Thanks.

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 9:12 PM
    aarwolf

Member:
    Kingsport, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Off-Road
    Avid sliders, Avid light bar, OEM rack, Undercover Tonneau cover, TRD seat covers and seat belt covers, Husky floor mats, BudBuilt skids, Optima Red Top, AFE ProDry air filter.
    I am am thinking (hoping) the website has universal or Gen 1 tacoma instructions.

3. Oct 19, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I think Bud redesigned the skidplates since I got mine. I have that rectangular spacer bar on my setup, but I'm pretty sure his later designs keep everything tucked up tighter to the frame.

Bumping this to the top for you.

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    aarwolf

Member:
    Kingsport, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Off-Road
    Thanks. I am going to attempt to put it up without the spacer or with some washers for space today.

Products Discussed in

To Top