1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toneau cover/Bed extender conflict

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nov 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I have a little problem. I just installed my new toneau cover. The problem is that with the cover clamps at the back of the bed, they can not be fastened down with the bed extender in there. I have to take it out to clamp down the cover. I wanted to use the bed extender in the bed to keep things from sliding around the bed. It would double as a divider to keep stuff jsut inside the tailgate.
    Any one encounter this issue? If so, how did you deal with or make it work?

2. Nov 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    What kind of tonneau cover do you have. With the Access covers due to the way they are mounted, you have to trim the extender about 1/2" on each side and then it works just fine

3. Nov 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I just put on the Tonno Pro. The problem that I am having is with the rear clamps, the bed extender interferes with them being latched when extender is folded in the bed.

4. Nov 6, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I'm sure someone else on here has one and might be able to help... It's kinda slow so far this weekend... might take a day or two to find someone able to help.

5. Jan 4, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    razortaco

razortaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Bed Pocket Lights, Carriage Works Billet Grille, Aries Bull Bar with Warn Off-Road lights, Valor Exhaust Tip, OEM Tube Steps, OBX Sport Pedals, Stubby Antennae
    OP - did you ever find a solution for this issue? I just ordered the Tonno Pro and was considering a bed extender as well but am curious if you were ever able to get it to work. Thanks!

6. Sep 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    shoebag22

shoebag22 Well-Known Member

Member:
  7. Sep 21, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    No, I have net been able to figure it out. I have thought about cutting the lock down latches on the tonneau cover, but not sure if I want to do that yet. I just fold the cover back for now when I need to install and use the bed extender.

8. Sep 21, 2011 at 4:33 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Did you get your cover from the dealer or manufacture? Either way you should have been told they can't work together. I almost made the same mistake. If you don't have one, get a bed mat. I have no idea what type of rubber they used to make it, but whatever you put onto it close to the tailgate well be there when you get home. They are the cats ass.

Frank

9. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:01 AM
    silver11

silver11 Active Member

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    2011 off road
    Hid head lamps,fog lamps, color matched door handels, mirrors,and grille,bed cover,weather techs,
    I had the same issue with my cover I ended up triming down the handels that lock it down and now it works great with my extender.

10. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:04 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    What type of cover?

Frank

11. Sep 21, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    That is what I wanted to do with them also to make them work together.

12. Sep 21, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport

Products Discussed in

To Top