1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions from a Newbie

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Texas Dolphin, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Nov 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    Texas Dolphin

Texas Dolphin [OP] First Tacoma 11/26/10

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma T/X Pro
    I fly out bright and early Friday morning to pick up my new '11 Super White T/X Pro...with the TRD Off-road extra value package with JBL, and tow package for 31,800 after an additional 500.00 rebate from the dealership....I think it was a good deal after calling numerous dealerships around the country and negotiating for a truck....

After a 600 mile drive home and first thing Saturday morning, I am putting a set of BFG KO's A/T TA's 265/75/R16's on it. Hope to have some photos up that afternoon...

Now to my questions:

1. Related to the theft of the tailgate, anyone on the board use the Pop and Lock? If so does it interfere with the back up camera at all? How do you like it?

2. Toyota Security System: Anyone have it on their truck and how does it work for you? Satisfied? Can it be purchased after the fact or do you recommend another system?

3. I like the look of the Predator steps, anyone self install? Any issues encountered with the installment?

Thanks in advance for your feedback....

2. Nov 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    Congrats on your new truck.. If I was to order a new one, I think I would get that identical truck.

As far as the tailgate, do a search for the DIY Tailgate mod. It is the hose clamp lock. Takes a couple minutes and should slow anyone down should they try to steal your tailgate.

Welcome!

3. Nov 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    Texas Dolphin

Texas Dolphin [OP] First Tacoma 11/26/10

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma T/X Pro
    actually read the DIY on the tailgate clamp, sounded easy, was just curious if anyone had used the other option...

thanks for the reply

4. Nov 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    there is a pop n lock that works in conjunction with the camera

Products Discussed in

To Top