1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shudder like No Other!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ETaco23, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Nov 28, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Hi all... Ok, I have a little problem I cant figure out, and it drives me nuts! When cruising at normal speeds I sometimes get a shudder from my rear end and it can last for almost 20-30sec. sometimes. I dont have a lift or anything, its all stock.
    Its almost like when your towing an empty trailer and it hits a bump and your truck start to shudder bc of the bouncing trailer. Thats what its like.....
    Not sure what it could be.....

Im ganna be doing a 3" lift soon with a AAL in the rear, maybe I should see if that gets rid of it?

2. Nov 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    Could be a bad u-joint. Does it happen when you take your foot off the gas ?

3. Nov 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Yep, it doesnt matter what I do it still does it, brake, no brake, excell or put it in neutral. Its still there.

Thanks for the response man!
    I will look at the U-joints just incase.. :)

4. Nov 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    The only thing I can think it would be is u-joint problem, or too much slack in the CB but theres not.
    Maybe my LSD?
    I did just change the fluid to RedLine LSD fluid 75-90..... But it did it before that slightly, so Im not sure. I might just have my local machanic to diagnose is, and check my u-joints....

5. Nov 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Ive been reading throug some threads and apparently these 07's are known for the shudder/vibe. Alot of guys have it, and there isnt really a fix. One guy said his went away after he put a lift and bigger tires on. So Im just ganna wait until I get my lift and tires on, and then see what kinda vibes a have.
    And what really sucks is that Im a LB and no one makes a one piece drive shaft for the DC LB....:(
    Thats what cured my 02's vibes.

Products Discussed in

To Top