1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

headlights for 06...led/ccfl???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BULLETflight7, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Aug 13, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    BULLETflight7

BULLETflight7 [OP] Member

Member:
    Satsuma, AL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    i am new to yotas, so i have a few questions... PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THERE IS A SIMILAR POST TO THIS ALREADY...feel free to send me to it..\

ok- i want to replace my headlights with some type of halo, but i dont know which way to go... LED, CCFL, or HID, not really sure what HID is, just seen people post about it. any input would be fabulous! pics would be great as well... my truck is speedway blue with a chrome stock grille. i am still debating the black or chrome lights.

thanks a million!

2. Aug 14, 2008 at 5:09 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You are talking about a few things....The halos go around headlights usually. Those- go CCFL- They are brighter and cleaner looking usually because the LEDs can have bright points were the blubs are whereas CCFLs are a gas filled ring.

If you want brighter headlights over all- Look at getting a projector light housing with an HID conversion kit. The housing will get you the best lighting the the HID lights.

Good luck figuring out what you want!!

Products Discussed in

To Top