1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone ever use CARWOO?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tag, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Dec 31, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    tag

tag [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Just wondering if anyone has ever used CARHOO and if it's worth it. I'm horrible at negotiating and usually get up and walk out after about 5 minutes of the razzle dazzle BS. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks

2. Dec 31, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Why not try USAA? Not a member find someone who is!

3. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    tag

tag [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I tried and and failed. Don't know anyone who is a member.

4. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    Boring

Boring This space unintentionally left blank.

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    5-lug regular cab
    yarp
    Costco and Sam's Club also have services. Costco was better here, but it might be different in other locations. Sam's Club was only worse because the dealerships they chose to partner with. Some other credit unions might have a similar service.

5. Dec 31, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    To be truthful I tried to use USAA (I am a member) but I found I could haggle the price way down better than they could. Go to www.edmunds.com and build a car there. They when your ready to buy get a line of credit from your credit from your credit union and start calling the dealerships. Tell them you'll give them $500 over dealer cost and they can show you their invoice. You will of course pay the transportation to get your vehicle and see what you can do. If they say no they say how much over dealer cost do you have to have? Still no answer from them then go elsewhere. Trust me you may have to travel 200-300 miles to buy a truck but when you talk to a salesman and tell them you think$500 for a 15 phone conversation is a reasonable wage they start to look at it differently. Hell I'd even get on an airplane and fly to another place to buy a vehicle cheaper. Just my opinion though...

Products Discussed in

To Top