1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okole map pocket mod?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stubby, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Aug 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM
    stubby

stubby [OP] Member

Member:
    I am about to order a new set of Wet Okoles for my '09 TRD Access Cab. Right now I can fit a couple of Delorme Gazetteer (about 11"by 16") in the stock Toyota map pockets on the seat backs. Judging by the photos I've seen, it doesn't look like the Wet Okole pockets are that big. I was thinking of just cutting a slit in the back of the Wet Okoles at the top of the stock map pockets and getting the edges of the cut hemmed. Then maybe using tape or velcro to hold the edges of the cut seat cover to the seat back to make it look neater.

I figure I'm not the first one who has thought of this, has anyone else done this? Is there any reason it won't work?

Thanks,
    Stubby

2. Aug 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    the fabric is stretched pretty tight. I wouldn't think about purposely cutting mine, but they might be fine if you had some heavy duty velcro.

3. Aug 29, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I had wo map pockets in my tundra only because they got thrown in for free. You are right on about the size being smaller than what you have currently in the seat. Now my tacoma's Wet Okoles have no pockets but I certainly wouldn't want to cut em' for what would stop it from continuing to split? You could take it to an alteration shop who would do the job with a zipper or something. Look in your yellow pages alterations or seamstresses who can work wonders. The money we pay for these covers I would want it to look as good & retain the protectiveness. Just an idea

Products Discussed in

To Top