Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Tacomas (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/)
-   -   newb here, few question (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/142929-newb-here-few-question.html)

lopezoscar03 02-28-2011 07:46 PM

newb here, few question
 
hey whats up everyone. hope all is well. i am just bought a 2011 tacoma and i am loving it. there are a few things that i have in mind of doing but kinda lost. i want to add a bull, lift and wheels. of course i read a few threads and what not. i want a toytec 3in lift and probably add some pro comp or XD series wheels. my question is with a 3in wheel, what size rim do you recommend? tire size? how much will i suffer in gas mileage? look forward to the responses

nick 02-28-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 (Post 2807545)
hey whats up everyone. hope all is well. i am just bought a 2011 tacoma and i am loving it. there are a few things that i have in mind of doing but kinda lost. i want to add a bull, lift and wheels. of course i read a few threads and what not. i want a toytec 3in lift and probably add some pro comp or XD series wheels. my question is with a 3in wheel, what size rim do you recommend? tire size? how much will i suffer in gas mileage? look forward to the responses

with a 3in you can go with 16x9s and 32in tires without rubbin. mite go down 1 or 2 mpg. looks are worth more than mpg

lopezoscar03 02-28-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick (Post 2807918)
with a 3in you can go with 16x9s and 32in tires without rubbin. mite go down 1 or 2 mpg. looks are worth more than mpg

that is the biggest rim you would suggest? i know that some people do some fender lining cuts to make room for bigger wheels

Wattapunk 03-01-2011 04:40 AM

What are your plans for the truck? Off-roading or just for looks? 17" wheels are most popular here and more tire sizes available, although you can go up to 20" if you like but you will have to go with low-pro tires.

lopezoscar03 03-01-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattapunk (Post 2808954)
What are your plans for the truck? Off-roading or just for looks? 17" wheels are most popular here and more tire sizes available, although you can go up to 20" if you like but you will have to go with low-pro tires.

i dont do any off-roading. once in a while i do go shooting at a farm or hunting where i gotta drive threw some light mud and stuff. the truck is basically used a daily driver. i am not looking for 20s. no way.
i guess you would say mostly for looks

nick 03-01-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 (Post 2809149)
i dont do any off-roading. once in a while i do go shooting at a farm or hunting where i gotta drive threw some light mud and stuff. the truck is basically used a daily driver. i am not looking for 20s. no way.
i guess you would say mostly for looks

well thats why i said 16s. yeah you can get something like 18s but at stock height it looks cheap with lo pro tires, especally on a 4x4!!

TexAggie 03-01-2011 07:49 AM

17s look good, thats what comes on the sports and 16s come on all the others. So I would look at those to give you and idea of what size you want. Personally I wouldn't go bigger then 17.

nick 03-01-2011 07:50 AM

x2

lopezoscar03 03-01-2011 12:04 PM

so with a 3in lift i should be good with 16s or if i want bigger then 17s. point taken on not going any bigger


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 PM.