1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I finally got my RTT on my Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by EricGagne, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Apr 11, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    I'm pretty happy with the results. I spent lot of time on the design cause I wanted a RTT Rack that would force me to sacrifice my rollup cover, bed divider and extender.

The rack sits on the sides of the bed, goes behind my Access cover rail which is behind the Tacoma rail.

The two extra poles (blueish on the drawing) are telescopic poles to hold my awning which I don't want to have higher than the cab top when driving.

The base angles are 3/16" thick aluminimum, the tubing making the rack is 1-1/2" aluminum. I purchased the material for the telescoping tubes from McMaster-carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#telescoping-tubing/=bu3uro page 1913)

[​IMG]

Once I was happy with my drawing I decided to have a little fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not a welder and I have no place to do that kind of work so I had to get someone to build it for me, they did a nice job (sorry for the bad pictures, my camera's dead and I used my cell phone).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post more pictures in the coming weeks as I add stuff to it.

Next week-end I plan on putting theaded inserts on the poles on the passenger side, I will use them to add some Quick Fists to hold shovels.

I also have two Bajarack jerry can holder which I will bolt on the bed floor with an ammunition box between them to keep my straps and shackles.

I'd also like to fit extinguishers on the same side as the awning and maybe a net for light stuff under the RTT.

2. Apr 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    This is the exact same setup I'm going for except im going to buy the Thule xsporter 422xt. That looks awesome!:thumbsup:

3. Apr 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Nicely Done

4. Apr 11, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    very cool, thats a great idea

5. Apr 11, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    Tim A

Tim A Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Offroad 6 spd Double Cab
    very nice. I like that the rack will give you the option to mount tools on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top