1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

thumping noise when window open

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by henry, May 3, 2011.

1. May 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    henry

henry [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    trd w/o scoop
    Hello,
    I just joined the forum. I have wanted a tacoma for years and finally sold my 89 chevy s10. I now have a 2011 tacoma trd double cab. I have been adding things to it slowly, running boards, roof rails, tints, etc. I just noticed when a window is slightly open you get a constant thudding noise from the pressure. I am not sure if my roof rails created this pressure effect or if it always existed. Any idea howto get rid of it, besides opening all the windows or lowering that one more? Will a window deflector solve the issue? If so, any recommendation of which one? I heard in channel is the better choice. thanks for your help.

2. May 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    hardground

hardground Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OR DC V6 Manual
    OME Lift, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, BlendMount & Mirror Tap ,TRD Quickshifter, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, Red Line Hood Struts, Bak Roll-X
    It always existed. Same problem here but don't think the window deflectors will solve the problem. Put those on my Acura TL and still had it. Could be wrong on this vehicle though.

3. May 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    It's nature, you can't fight it. Open the rear sliding window or crack one of the rear windows to let the air out.

4. May 4, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    henry

henry [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    trd w/o scoop
    Bummer. Autoanything has wind deflectors and one of them advertise " These low-profile deflectors let you open your windows without the ear-splitting wind noise." If it doesn't solve the issue, I wouldn't add them to my truck. Would have been nice to solve the problem. Appreciate the replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top