1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

drip moldings

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2011crewman, May 23, 2011.

1. May 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    2011crewman

2011crewman [OP] Member

Member:
    yorba linda
    Vehicle:
    2011 tacoma off road
    Hi,
    My first thread so I'm a noob at this. I bought a 2011 Tacoma Double Cab, Prerunner Off Road Package about two months ago. It's MGM(as everyone describes it). No real problems with it and I agree there is things Toyota could have done better. Gauges, nav, leather interior option, rear disc brakes would have been nice and less attention to cupholders. Great stickies on the arm rest change (fabric? who thought of doing that) on the doors. I'm going to do that change. I have a dog (australian shepherd) who stands on the fabric to keep his head outside (lot of wear and tear on that). The whole CD area is pretty plain, so I like the stuff on what people are doing with navs, or double dins,etc. Since Toy doesn't offer nav in the Tacoma's. I think the first thing I want to do is add additional gauges, oil pressure, water temp, voltage, just the normal stuff to keep an eye on.
    Here's my prob and I couldn't find anyone else to mention this. Has anyone ever seen the drip moldings missing (the seam on the cab that is welded together and covered with the rubber strip? I ran a search and didn't see this topic so bear with me. I'm missing one and I guess I missed it when I looked it over at the dealer. I can't imagine this thing just flying off so I guess it could have been "stolen". Does anyone know how much is reasonable to replace it? Or do you think it might have been "stolen". It doesn't look like an easy part to pry off without marking up the top. No scratches or anything on my top. I'm going back to the dealer and ask them to replace it. I know, fat chance they will.
    Thanks guys, I'll be looking for solutions.

2011crewman

2. May 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Actually, it is kind of common to have them fall off. People have reported losing them to the drive through car washes, even just the wind on the highway.

3. May 23, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
  4. May 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕