1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leer camper shell-painting

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by asolo, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    asolo

asolo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    DC,LB, 4x4 TRD sport
    OME lift with Dakars in the rear, 265/70 R17 BFG KO2. Interior Light Mod, Fog light Mod, Hella Supertones, WeatherTech digital floormats, TRD front tow hook, trimmed front mud flaps, Demello Bolt-on hybrid sliders. Rigid SR-10 hyperspot in the hood scoop, Baja Deisgns Squadron Pros, 30” Baja Designs ONX6+
    Hey guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a Leer 100XR or 100R that is 1 year old for $600 but needs to be painted to match my truck. From what I understand it will cost $350-500 to get a decent paint job and clear coat. Do you think this would be worth it or should I bite the bullet and get a shell with a warranty?

2. Jun 18, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    If it's only 1 year old, I'd go for it as long as it's in excellent condition.

3. Jun 18, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    a reputable locally owned body shop.....

that's where i'd send it.

4. Jun 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    You may want to call a local leer dealer cause got a price of 1250 for a xr with a removable slider and they are throwing in a headliner. Plus till the 27th leer has a $75 off coupon for xr caps. So for me the xr will cost 1175 which is only 25 more than the quoted price for a 100r.

So if you are looking at 950-1100 for the cap and a paint job I think I would consider new if you can get a good price from a dealer.

Products Discussed in

To Top