1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New bumper i built

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trevs2wdtacosick, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jun 22, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    trevs2wdtacosick

trevs2wdtacosick [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Camp Pendleton
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Sport
    Pro Comp 6" lift, JDM black projectors, XD addict 17" rims, 35" nitto all terrians, Grill Craft mess grill, 5% tint all around, Black tacoma badges, Kenwood DDx516 indash, 2 10" JBL subs with kenwood 1000 watt amp with custom box, JBA headers, K and N cold air intake, MagnaFlow exhaust, 10k and 12k lights, debadged
    So i got bored this weekend and built a bumper took about 2 days. About 140 dollars in steel and 60 in bolts and paint. Used 14 gauge steel sheet metal for the front and 1 1/2 14 gauge square tubing for the frame and 2 2 by 3's. For the paint i used a type of bed liner from auto zone kinda like rhino liner. Dont have all the pics yet but here are a few i will throw up the finished product later today. I think it turned out pretty good for my first bumper lol let me know what you think/Things i could do to make it better. thanks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 22, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    rackatak

rackatak Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interesting, How did you attach it to the frame? Weld, bolts? Does it sit flush with the body or overlap a little?

3. Jun 22, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    mudthedoor

mudthedoor Sconnie

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Forestville, WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    That is sweet! good work :D

4. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM
    trevs2wdtacosick

trevs2wdtacosick [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Camp Pendleton
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Sport
    Pro Comp 6" lift, JDM black projectors, XD addict 17" rims, 35" nitto all terrians, Grill Craft mess grill, 5% tint all around, Black tacoma badges, Kenwood DDx516 indash, 2 10" JBL subs with kenwood 1000 watt amp with custom box, JBA headers, K and N cold air intake, MagnaFlow exhaust, 10k and 12k lights, debadged
    well when you take off the bumper there are welded on bolts for the brace that sits behind the stock bumper so you cut those off then i use a peice of channel on the bottom and made a square bracket and just bolted it where the old welded on bolts where. I got some more pics i need to throw up but you can see in this pic
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top