1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007+ Crew Cab Tacoma 4WD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bradw3451, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Jul 22, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    Bradw3451

Bradw3451 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad Wrubel
    Denver, CO
    Well I just officially joined this site and I'm very excited to learn as much as I can about the Tacoma. I have looked at about every truck on the market and have decided, for a number of reasons, to go with a Tacoma. With this said, I do have some questions that I cannot seem to find answers to via the search button. I appreciate everyone's help and opinions!

1. As stated above I'm looking at a new or newer Crew Cab 4WD Tacoma and I'm wondering if my plan is to lift the vehicle is it worth upgrading or looking for either of the TRD packages?
    2. For the guys with a 3" lifted Tacoma. What type of mileage are you seeing in the 6 speed as well as the Automatic?
    3. Are there any known issues with the 2007+ Tacoma's I should be aware of?
    4. If you were to buy a used Tacoma would you buy one that is already lifted or stock?
    5. Is there anything else that you wish you would have known before purchasing your vehicle?
    Thanks for everyone's help!

2. Jul 22, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    welcome! :wave: i have a ’07 DC SB=double cab short bed. TRD off road. 4wd. love it! i got it in may. and i have not had one problem with it!

and the newer body stile is 2005+

3. Jul 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    Bradw3451

Bradw3451 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad Wrubel
    Denver, CO
    I definitely know that Toyota makes a great truck. I guess that I'm looking for more technical data based upon my questions. Since you own the type of vehicle that I want, is yours lifted? If so, what type of mileage are you seeing?

Products Discussed in

To Top