1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau for 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by EvilBetty, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Jun 6, 2007 at 2:04 PM
    EvilBetty

EvilBetty [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Ok I was all ready to get a Truxedo Low Pro II Tonneau when I read in another thread that they too prevent use of the factory cleat / rail system?

I want a Tonneau, but I want full use of the cleat system when the cover is rolled up. What are my options?

2. Jun 6, 2007 at 4:04 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I have an extang (brand of cover) Full tilt (model of cover) that enables mostly full use of the cleat system. Priced between $435 and $475. I paid $450 at my local truck center. (the extra money was worth it to me to deal with a place I trust) The cover mounts into the bed rails so there are like 4 3 inch sections of the rails that are not usable because that is where the cover is mounted, but other than that the cleats are still usable, even when the cover is on in so far as I still have the cleats locked in and use them to secure my tools box and cargo net with bungee cords. Can send pictures tomorrow if you'd like.

Later,

3. Jun 6, 2007 at 7:16 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Access roll up (not its low profile or vanish) allows the use of the cleat system. It is more pricey than the one I bought, but its more like the truxedo you were looking at. Its made by agricover & you can google em. I have an Extang Trifecta & it lets me use my cleats, but its a tri-fold. It cost 309 from mechanics warehouse. I like it a lot.

4. Jun 6, 2007 at 7:40 PM
    flyman767

flyman767 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have the Truxedo and love it's low profile look and it's ease of operation. However, as you mentioned, the factory cleats do not work in the bedside rails(rail behind cab is still functional). However,Toyota makes a mini cleat(see link below) which other members claim does fit in the bedside rails in conjunction with the Truxedo. I believe any cover that lays flat against the rails, as the Truxedo does, is going to create a problem for the cleats and the Toyota cargo divider. Personally, I don't use the cleats often, and enjoy the functions and looks of the Truxedo...so for me it was worth the trade-off.

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/pro...=5824&osCsid=197f8574577143967a82e084fea8baef

5. Jun 7, 2007 at 7:05 AM
    EvilBetty

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Ooooh... I really like that Trifecta. I wanted a folding one like that but thought they were out of my price range!

I'm looking into this one!

6. Jun 7, 2007 at 8:03 AM
    confuzzed2

confuzzed2 Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    You can get an Access Limited for $365. I just ordered mine on Monday and am anxiously awaiting the arrival. On TN or CT there is a thread about 30 pages long with a lot of info and pics on the Access covers. By the time I made it through all the pages I was convinced. PBtaco had several posts in the thread he might be able to point you in the right direction.

7. Jun 7, 2007 at 8:10 AM
    EvilBetty

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Well now I'm torn over a roll up such as the Truxedo Classic or the Access Limited, or a fold up like the Extang Trifecta or Lund Genesis.

Do you have the link to the other thread?

Thanks!

8. Jun 7, 2007 at 10:52 AM
    confuzzed2

confuzzed2 Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
  9. Jun 7, 2007 at 11:36 AM
    EvilBetty

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Haha yeah I found it a couple of hours ago... I'm on page 18 hehe.

Not turning out to be a very productive day work wise!

Products Discussed in

To Top