1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fix for my squeaking clutch pressure plate

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by little red, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Aug 15, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    little red

little red [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central GA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    I know there has been a lot of complaints about the squeaking clutch pedal and also squeaking or better esplained as creaking noise coming from the underside of the truck when pressing the clutch. I had my wife press my clutch while I was underneath the truck and the noise was definitely loud and coming from inside the tranny housing. I traced the noise just inside the opening where the clutch fork goes into the housing. I knew better than to spray WD-40 because it would get on the clutch plate but I grabbed a can of brake cleaner and sprayed a liberal amount inside the opening. After working the clutch in an out for about 2-3 minutes and seeing all the black (brake cleaner and clutch dust) dripping from the bottom, the noise stopped. My guess is the buildup of clutch dust on the metal moving parts doesn't help the parts to stay clean. I may have to do this periodically but it is easy to get to and only takes about 5 minutes tops.

Products Discussed in

To Top